Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Poll] Corsair ZOI Extension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The team received a frank request from one of the player-base for more areas of activity for Corsairs. One idea that came from the team was to extend ZOI to the southern part of Liberty, up as far as New York.

While this is a wild idea, and a drastic change, we feel it would add some interest to the Corsair faction and provide a RP opportunity and an area of activity in Liberty. Also, one of the suggestions that came up as well was on Bering and Hudson ZOI, to give a first chance to the player-base and try to expand into Liberty.

However, we felt it best to get the Community voice before any such drastic change be made, so we made this thread.

<3
Oh please yes and with this fantastic opportunity finally listen to Wesker and upscale the Titan by 1% so I fly it without severe guilt
Please friends
On the one hand: yes, never seen why Corsairs shouldn't be able to do things in Liberty (although this may tank their diplomacy with Xenos).

On the other hand: the solution to fixing activity issues can't always be to just give ZoI in places. I think the better thing to do would be for the Corsair player base and the team to sit down and discuss why the existing Corsair ZoI is struggling for activity, and look at fixing those problems. I'm sure there are other factions in Corsair ZoI who are also having activity problems, but we can't continually give every faction additional ZoI (in Liberty?) as a band aid.
Allow capitals for the Alaska-Minor JH and have Corsairs invade Alaska, Virginia and Texas. As weird as that might sound, it's still more believable than having Corsairs fly either all the way up through Bretonia to reach Cortez, Magellan and California or fly all the way up through Rheinland to reach the Hudson and Bering. It would also give more attention to these really underused systems, and I believe the Liberty playerbase wouldn't mind a change to Ranseurs here and Valors there every now and then.
No. There are three dedicated unlawful factions in Liberty already, plus Separatists and Hellfire, and Outcasts which also have ZOI in the house, as well as other unlawfuls that have partial ZOI.

How much more do you need? Fly one of those factions if you want to fly unlawful in Liberty.
Not just Hudson and Bering.

Cortez, and up into the Taus.

Going into Texas and New York wouldn’t seem right. Outside of house space in the Taus since we have direct allies who have ZOI in the Taus and Cortez is more plausible. And gives more opportunities.

I say this as a Corsair player and the person that put in the request.
Voted yes for snubs.

All ZOIs should be extended as far as possible, excluding only places where there are really good reasons to not have certain factions around.

Many things like restricted ZOIs (and other capabilities like mining bonuses, cargo restrictions, and demand/engagement permissions) are a relic from a long gone time when activity really needed to be spread out across places and factions. Now the exact opposite applies.
No, Liberty is packed to the brim with multiple diverse factions. I understand that the Corsairs might be having a hard time right now, but if we went through with this it would just get messier for the already messy situation Liberty is prone to. The Corsairs have also stated in-roleplay that they have no interest in Liberty beyond just exploiting the black-market.

I'd definitely say give them an extension just not Liberty.
The Corsair Indie ID has literally: Zone of Influence: Bretonia, Omegas, Sigmas, Omicrons, Rheinland, Honshu, Tohoku
TBH Zoi: Bretonia, Omegas, Sigmas, Omicrons, Rheinland, Honshu, Tohoku
Custodi Zoi: Bretonia, Omegas, Sigmas, Omicrons, Rheinland, Honshu, Tohoku

I clearly do not see any need for any more Zoi for the Corsairs at all since it is large enough.
Corsairs have plenty to do. They just need to do it.

Almost all of the other factions in the game have smaller zones of influence.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9