Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Critique About the System Name Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
So in the latest patch several once Bretonian systems have changed officially to Gallic variants. There's nothing wrong about this per se, but I think there is an issue here in terms of consistency. I don't think Sirian cartographers would change their maps to reflect Gallic system names, especially considering the majority of them have hostile to frosty relations with Gallia.

I've always seen the naming and classification of systems as a universally agreed thing at least by the major powers in Sirius. I can't see them agreeing to this though, inrp. Just my two cents at least.
*When you`re little Gallia and wanna get some systems but evil players don't want to give them to you*

But seriously, I agree. Devs can simply specify that players from Gallia can call the systems specified in the patches as indicated in the patch, lol.
(07-22-2019, 11:12 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]So in the latest patch several once Bretonian systems have changed officially to Gallic variants. There's nothing wrong about this per se, but I think there is an issue here in terms of consistency. I don't think Sirian cartographers would change their maps to reflect Gallic system names, especially considering the majority of them have hostile to frosty relations with Gallia.

I've always seen the naming and classification of systems as a universally agreed thing at least by the major powers in Sirius. I can't see them agreeing to this though, inrp. Just my two cents at least.

Also makes a whole lot of infocards no longer accurate. Also horrible for past RP that has mention of those systems.

Huge mess that does nothing good for mod.
Chill, Lyth. They've just made a whole new system named after your Thresher.
(07-22-2019, 11:34 AM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]Chill, Lyth. They've just made a whole new system named after your Thresher.

It had to happen eventually
What does the Bordeaux Guard say about this?
Just no. Revert this change.
Anoter systems, GRN actually can't protect.
Wasn't there a thing about renaming vanilla things and it not being good?
(07-22-2019, 02:49 PM)Vendetta Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't there a thing about renaming vanilla things and it not being good?

bring back california minor right this instant
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7