Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: BHG ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Do we have an ETA when the indie and official BHG IDs will get the event money plugin implemented into them? The paperwork you need to do as a bounty hunter is awful, boring, and doesn't do anything besides make people not want to play as Bounty Hunters. Make it optional.

Give those two IDs money whenever they kill pirate IDs like Rogues, Outcasts, Corsairs etc. (Honestly I'd be fine even with a pathetic 2 million per enemy killed regardless of their ship if it allowed me to skip the boring bounty claiming)

"but waaah siriuswide pvp id"
i present to you:
LSF
BIS
MND
GRI
Kempeitai
The Order
edit: Coalition too
prolly some more idk

The BHG IDs are pretty much dead and this change may help with the good old bounty hunter raids in Gamma and Alpha. Unlikely, but at least it would give people incentive to play Bounty Hunters. Maybe give a 50%/100% increase in rewards to the BHG official faction to make it worth it to join it instead of going indie. Or something.

List me any downsides with this because I can't see any. The plugin is already there and it works.

Edit: It has come to my attention that Crossfire had a much better bounty system in place.

As far as I've understood it, as long as you had the money you could do something like /set bounty [playername] and then it'll be there until someone claims it, and you'll get paid as long as the player who set the bounty had enough money on his ship to pay you. (Which as far as I understood it was done automatically)

Again, you could have this and the paperwork together, making the paperwork optional where you just go and grab some extra money and bragging rights or roleplay or whatever you want to do.

Quote:List me any downsides with this because I can't see any. The plugin is already there and it works.
Downside is one and was spotted long time ago:
You can just allow bounty hunter friend to kill you and then split reward for that.
(07-22-2019, 06:28 PM)Invoker Wrote: [ -> ]Downside is one and was spotted long time ago:
You can just allow bounty hunter friend to kill you and then split reward for that.

If it's so difficult to monitor and punish the offenders just remove the payment altogether as long as the BHG IDs are allowed to do their damn job and cleanse the place of pirates without fear of getting their ship deleted and their bank accounts crippled.
Its realistic, when RL bounty hunters do their job it has paper work involved. take 3 sec to fill it out.
If I remember correctly, once upon a time the Bounty Hunters ID allowed players to kill any unlawfuls within their zoi. Unlike the Freelancer/Mercenary ID, claiming them on the forum was optional.

I'm not sure why that changed. Bounty Hunters specifically target criminals so it's not really open for abuse, and it would also give people a reason to pick a Bounty Hunter over the less restrictive Freelancer ID.
This will never happen. No one cares about the BHG ID. It sucks,because this is a amazing idea that would revive the ID.
(07-22-2019, 06:30 PM)Pillow Wrote: [ -> ]If it's so difficult to monitor and punish the offenders just remove the payment altogether as long as the BHG IDs are allowed to do their damn job and cleanse the place of pirates without fear of getting their ship deleted and their bank accounts crippled.

You may offer viable monitor system for that: how these malicious actions supposed to be detected.
Because there is no such.
(07-22-2019, 06:34 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]Its realistic, when RL bounty hunters do their job it has paper work involved. take 3 sec to fill it out.

While I agree there, in what world would a government be upset if a Bounty Hunter didn't ask for pay? Honestly I'd be thrilled. Maybe some Outcast scum killed my parents and I'm using the Hunters to take revenge on them or some stupid thing like that. Would revive the ID.

(07-22-2019, 06:43 PM)Invoker Wrote: [ -> ]You may offer viable monitor system for that: how these malicious actions supposed to be detected.
Because there is no such.

Make the bounty claiming optional, don't include plugin. Alternatively, give a tiny amount of money with the plugin. People won't sit and kill their friends for only 2 million per kill, trust me. And if they will, it would take them so long to get a big enough payload to be satisfied with that the admins would definitely be able to catch them and delete all that right away. So yeah.
(07-22-2019, 06:28 PM)Invoker Wrote: [ -> ]Downside is one and was spotted long time ago:

Just report them as is normally done during events, as is done when anything is abused. I don't see that as a scary enough reason to forgo a game changing feature.

(07-22-2019, 06:34 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]Its realistic, when RL bounty hunters do their job it has paper work involved. take 3 sec to fill it out.

On the other hand, you could argue the necessity of forum paperwork with trading (or almost anything), but it's mitigated by game mechanics. It's the same thing here.
(07-22-2019, 06:47 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Just report them as is normally done during events, as is done when anything is abused.
The biggest flaw in your logic: how will I report them if they are not stupid and make that remotely from other players?
How is it possible if none even saw them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9