Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What matters most to you about Discovery?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Because i’m curious, and the thread ‘Kusari vs Rheinland’ aint the place to discuss it.
I think diversity? I like when ships and loadouts differ from one another. It was pretty great when there were different shields and armours for snubs, it made the game more challenging if I wanted a challenge at times. I also would say system layouts, systems like new age Kappa and Delta made me not visit that side of this game for a bit now.
Population and the gameplay loop that came with it. Everything else is irrelevant.(I mean as long as you have pop you can do everything on that list but have more fun doing it)

Back in 86 when I joined people did just fine with the ugly looking models, lack of gun variety (such as the house civ guns), flhook plugins, restarts, etc. I'd stop caring about what war is happening where or what dumb faction got turned into an NPC faction if I could just log into the game on a Rogue, fly to a lane and make bank/have fun rp and pvp by pirating traders and getting engaged my lawfuls. The day transports became too strong for a lone snub (vhf) to be able to scare them into submission and pay them is the day disco started its decline. Couple ass-ups later like the buffer systems that killed Alpha/Gamma raids and the pobs blocking jumpholes that also killed raids and lagged the server plus some other stuff that I can't remember right now, and you have players that got sick and tired of the game actively trying to stop them from having fun and they up and left.

The Trader > Pirate > Lawful loop has been broken for years and it really doesn't seem like it will ever be fixed, so even if Discovery suddenly got put to steam and 300+ people flooded in; they'd leave pretty quick when they realize that they've nothing to do.

The game relied on being alive to stay alive.
(07-29-2019, 04:26 PM)Pillow Wrote: [ -> ]The game relied on being alive to stay alive.

The truth.
The mix of PvP, good story development in small or large scale, the connected RP and the variety of stuff to do is what matters most to me. Meanwhile most of this was lost over the last years too, so yeah.
Minor Discovery factions have received an overall terrible treatment as of late, and it's not going to get any better until certain people i won't be pointing fingers will give up on their position in either development team or faction leadership.
Immersion, and the Universe feeling alive; both of which have gone out of the window between the RHA defense fleet at Aland being treated like a hologram, and the average RP encounter involving someone shoving their "dude I'm so cool and edgy I'm better than you" RP down your throat.

Otherwise, the fun and sanctity of the gameplay environment are key.
Fights and events. I didn't get to be in many of them in my vanilla days, and this is basically the last place that's left for freelancer. There are possibilities for both despite the several restrictions that are in place.
i dont like the tendency of making pointless threads. everything that moves freelancer away from a space shooter is bad, every activity that isn't related in some way to space shooting will always be objectively worse than one that does because freelancer is a space shooter, not euro truck simulator. different games are built for different things and freelancer and trading don't go together. name me 1 person who played vanilla freelancer and unlocked missions by making money with trading instead of doing pve missions.

because admins have low brain power and always look at things from the losing side to avoid griefing and bad situations instead of looking at things from a space shooter perspective. they'd rather avoid the frustration someone feels when dying rather than have the satisfaction of someone getting a kill, it's always been like this

everything that leads to le me special le me snowflake such as unique stuff is bad and should be removed from the game. maybe then we'll have triple digits in the playerbase again

if you still can't understand that a space shooter is made for shooting and not trading i dont know what's wrong with you

if ur main focus is pvp u can enjoy rp on the side and it helps make the game more diverse, if your main focus is literally anything else there are a million games out there that do trading, roleplaying, circlejerking and all of these combined much better than this game ever will

conclusion
pvp > rp
its ok
Basically what Yber said, i have nothing else to add to that, we share the same pov.
(07-29-2019, 05:06 PM)Yber Wrote: [ -> ]conclusion
pvp > rp
its ok

Exactly
Pages: 1 2 3 4