Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can't connect now wtf?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last night I logged in for a couple hours of trading, and three or four times my ping got high enough for the red "connection issue" warning light to start blinking at me for about half a minute, followed by disconnection.

Today I log in, I get from Dresden to New Tokyo with no lag issues at all. Then, just before I'm about to jump to Kyushu, I get lagspiked again. About a minute of sitting in front of the jumpgate with the blinking red light.

Then I manually disconnect myself, wait a bit, try to reconnect.

Now I can't get back in. The server shows up on the list fine, and when I ping the server at the command prompt it comes back fine, ~100ms ping. But when I go to log in to the server, it gets stuck at the character select screen with the "The action is taking longer than expected" message. Then after a while I get sent to a blank character selection screen and, shortly thereafter, disconnected.

Afaik my university isn't undergoing any maintenance and I'm not having any connectivity issues to anything else that I've noticed so far..

[Edit] It finally let me back in after like 20 minutes of trying....but anyone know what might be causing this?
Urg, managed to get into Kyushu and tried to dock with the mooring fixture, booted again. *cries*
[/edit]
There is a tool in place that temporarily bans persons for five minutes who lag out while in a jumphole.

This was enabled to prevent people from taking advantage of an exploit.
' Wrote:There is a tool in place that temporarily bans persons for five minutes who lag out while in a jumphole.

This was enabled to prevent people from taking advantage of an exploit.

No, I wasn't getting any ban messages, nor was I disconnecting while going through any jumpholes or gates. It just seems to happen whenever I am near a jumpgate, or the planet or station I intend to land at.

And it doesn't seem to be time dependent because I just came back from a 3 hour class and I'm still having trouble getting in.
The tracert to your college campus is incomplete, I suspect something is blocking your connection.
Not a lot we can do this end unfortunately.

Hoodlum
Any idea what that something might be? Do you think it's a temporary thing like a router down/malfunctioning? I havent had this problem in the weeks before yesterday. And the problem is intermittent, I'll be flying along fine with very little lag, then all of a sudden BOOM red blinking light, then disconnect.
I have encountered a similar problem with a german ISP.
I have send a PM to Maik about this.
Dunno if this is connected in any way.