Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: "Cadiz Cartel" | From: Flotte dispersée du Conseil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 1PhAnG8Ch90.jpg]
Lieutenant Maximilian Bernard
Flotte dispersée du Conseil
Secure transmission

Sender: Maximilian Bernard.

Recipient: "Cadiz Cartel" HC.

Message Encryption Level: Medium.

Message subject: Tau-37 incident.

Text:

Bonjour.

Before starting, I would like to say that I had to persuade the high command of the Council for a while to agree to negotiate with you in the light of recent circumstances.

I have to introduce myself. My name is Maximilian Bernard, I am one of the officers of the Dispersed Fleet of The Council. At the moment, I am leading one of the cells of the "Pamiers" battlegroup, whose ships patrol the Pamiers battleship, as well as the Tau worlds and also take part in the operations for which our group was appointed.

During one of these patrols, today, August 3, 826 A.S., our patrol group under the head of the "Chercheur" find a outcast battleship in the Tau-37 system. Small negotiations began, during which it became clear that the battleship belongs to the Cadiz Cartel organization, which is one of the Malta groups. During the negotiations, the captain was neutral about our presence in Tau-37 and believed that we can come to an agreement between both parties if we find a compromise.

Personally, my opinion is that peace can always come. An important issue is its price. Both material and through the death of other people. Depends on the situation.

If you are really interested in this negotiations, then we would like to receive more detailed information about your movement. In addition, I would like to know in more detail about why you are interested in negotiations with us. Of course, what your captain said in space may be enough, but in my opinion more extensive data will be mutually useful.

We have send negotiations in Tau-37. If this captain voice not belong to your movement, then I advise you to ignore this message. We respect the interests of Malta and would not like to allow conflict in our possible diplomacy negotiations.

Signed,
[Image: cx8mP6y.png]

[Image: M5peQHP.png]
Incoming Message

[Image: R9Twrlx.gif]

Sender:
Recipient:
Subject:
Leonardo de Silva
Maximilian Bernard of the Council
Negotiations

Señor Bernard

Buenos dias. Yo soy Leonardo de Silva, charge d'affairs of Su nobleza Don Hernan of "Cuatroce". I speak on behalf of the Don who is in charge of our organisation.

We welcome your initiative to establish civilised relations. The captain of "Valladolid" and his words bear quite an importance within our ranks, so his position can be considered as representing our interests. Now, to your inquiry. "Cuatroce" Corporation, also known as Cadiz Cartel de la Cardamina, is one of the biggest commercial organisation in Maltese space. "Cuatroce" has a corporate structure and is formally controlled by the Board of Directors, however Escudero familia founded the organisation and thus bear the final say in most matters. Because of relations to aristocracy of Malta and recent developments, Escudero also play important role in Maltese politics. We, however, do not speak for all of Malta, as "Valladolid's" captain said and for proper bilateral negotiations you would need to contact the office of Legion Maltesa.

The possibility of peace with the Council was slim until now, so please forgive our initial scepticism. The interest in burying the hatchet lies in two main reasons. Firstly, any hostilities are bad for business, and we want our business to prosper for it is our money and our welfare. Whether we trade with Gallia or through Taus, our commercial pilots will sleep safer knowing that Council patrols will not attack them. Secondly, the war with Gallia will end sooner or later, and we would rather not having chaotic clenching between Gallic domestic forces all being hostile to us, but rather know that someone who is non-hostile to us and reasonable enough is taking control of Gallic space. This is also good for commerce, and for Malta itself. Besides, we are both fighting Gallic Royal forces - why do we really need to fight each other? The enemy of my enemy is a friend, si o no?

This is underlying behind our motives, mostly. They are not vested in the form of official language for now yet we are more than eager to hear what you have in mind regarding possible cessation of hostilities. Looking forward to your further messages.

Respetuosamente,
Leonardo de Silva

End of Message

[Image: 1PhAnG8Ch90.jpg]
Secure transmission

Sender: Maximilian Bernard.

Recipient: Leonardo de Silva.

Message Encryption Level: Medium.

Message subject: RE: Negotiations.

Text:

Bonjour Leonardo de Silva

It is really nice to know that you are interested in negotiating with us, and that there is no mistake.

The main problem of our relationship with you is the supply of cardamine inside Gallia. You are also well aware of the conflict in Lorraine, when our ships managed to break through the blockade imposed by the royalists, and then we stumbled upon your ships and underwent unreasonable attacks that claimed the lives of our pilots.

The conflict in Lorraine is already a forgotten case, which can be considered a political misunderstanding. I think so, because this happened many years ago and since then nothing serious has happened between the Council and Malta. There were minor battles in the Tau worlds, which was logical, but the conflict did not reach the “critical” point, equal to large-scale hostilities.

If we can really forget the Lorraine incident, cardamine supplies to Gallia are the main problem, because of which the Council did not seek to negotiate with you. At the same time, we rarely notice outcasts ships flying through our space with cardamine on board, which makes us think that the problem with cardamine in Gallia can be solved not so much by force as by diplomacy.

So, if you have any suggestions, thanks to which we can solve the problem with cardamine, then I am ready to listen to you. Gallia is indeed our common enemy, and personally I look at you as an extremely profitable ally before and after the revolution.

Signed,
[Image: cx8mP6y.png]

[Image: M5peQHP.png]
Incoming Message

[Image: R9Twrlx.gif]

Sender:
Recipient:
Subject:
Leonardo de Silva
Maximilian Bernard of the Council
Negotiations

Señor Bernard,

I shall skip the part when you called defending our own space from unknown ships by that time "unreasonable". This is history now. Instead, I will address the matter of Cardamine. From what I know, Malta at the moment does not consider Gallia the main target for Cardamine distribution. This is due to numerous reasons, including the market saturation with Nox, dangerous routes, as well as general lack of profit. This, however, does not mean that our ships stay clear from Gallic space - if there is someone willing to pay for our product, we haul it. In case of Gallia this would be brigands who at times order shipments of Cardamine to their bases. What happens afterwards is not our business. Hence, if the Council wishes to find common grounds - closing eyes on our shipments of Cardamine to the bases of Gallic unlawfuls would be a good start. Remember, the amount of shipment is not that big and I would be surprised if such a nuisance would pose a problem for the Council. After all, you stand for democratic Gallia, and consumption of Cardamine for recreational purposes is a sole responsibility of the user, and his freedom. If you agree to this point of ours, we are ready to discuss further common grounds.

Respetuosamente,
Leonardo de Silva

End of Message