Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Banned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, my daughters account has been banned for no apparent reason,she logged on and all seemed fine ,took a mission and launched [I saw her do this] when i noticed there were no npc,s [odd im thinking] she arrived at mission way point and still no npc.I told her to log off/on to see if it sorted its self out only it took forever to load on the char screen and then promptly told her she was banned,she was very upset by this and promised she had not misbehaved and all was ok the night before . her char is Jadzia and last night was 1st time on disco there is another char [SAGA]Ricki Guvara on same account [belonging to sisters boyfriend] if that is of any help both chars are brand new ricki has not even left ny.have tryde a new account but ban seems to be by ip, access to all other servers is fine ,i hope u can help as she is only 11 yrs old and was looking forward to playing with dad.regards Aslan.......ps i lost an account a while back is it possible to recover it, chars were aslan ,itc delboy itc vengeance,aslan,itc scout an another i cant remember. thx for your time.
*poke* first step would be to head to the Rules forum and then look in the sanctioned subforum. If she was banned by one of the admins it would be posted in there along with the reason why and the amount of time she is banned for.
Lost accounts are pretty well toast if you don't have the numbers/code backed up somewhere.

(Suggestion - use a memory stick, an external hard drive, or simply mail to your own gmail / hotmail / yahoo account all of your account numbers for a back-up - or do all of the above.)

It sounds like there was a connection issue. I'd send a PM to an Admin with the relevant information and see if they can get it resolved. I know I had a 'ban' one time because I red lagged and then flew half-way across a sector under thrusters and not via a trade lane (minor detail - there was no trade lane available). When my ISP finally reconnected me, the server 'saw' that I'd somehow flown 80K in what it thought was 2 seconds and ban/kicked me. If she was experiencing that kind of thing, the cheat auto-detection software may have kicked in.

(Boy, would that be a neat thruster to have - or just open your own wormholes ... but I digress...)
' Wrote:Lost accounts are pretty well toast if you don't have the numbers/code backed up somewhere.

(Suggestion - use a memory stick, an external hard drive, or simply mail to your own gmail / hotmail / yahoo account all of your account numbers for a back-up - or do all of the above.)

It sounds like there was a connection issue. I'd send a PM to an Admin with the relevant information and see if they can get it resolved. I know I had a 'ban' one time because I red lagged and then flew half-way across a sector under thrusters and not via a trade lane (minor detail - there was no trade lane available). When my ISP finally reconnected me, the server 'saw' that I'd somehow flown 80K in what it thought was 2 seconds and ban/kicked me. If she was experiencing that kind of thing, the cheat auto-detection software may have kicked in.

(Boy, would that be a neat thruster to have - or just open your own wormholes ... but I digress...)
thx but account was wiped due to inactivity as pc died an it took a while to sort it ....guess i shoulda said that:$
' Wrote:*poke* first step would be to head to the Rules forum and then look in the sanctioned subforum. If she was banned by one of the admins it would be posted in there along with the reason why and the amount of time she is banned for.
Thx have done that,nothing there so i guess its tech prob ,have pm fellow hoodlum.