Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Global Servers Down?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't access any of the internet servers, and neither can my friend. We used to be able to access internet servers, but now it just says "connecting to global servers..." indefinitely. Our firewalls are off, and we have tried from multiple internet connections. Anyone else experiencing this?
Boss hacked the planet and killed Bill Gates in the process. This is the result of that outcome. *Thinks hard about that last line...* Oh! TimeShift! Now -thats- where I heard that. Naw, just slightly similar.
Global Server has been down for a while, tutorial for connecting:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14845
Yes, Those GREEDY useless microSUCK people shut it down. I wish Freelancer had been gamespy run, They keep their servers up for years on end.
Maybe we can contact Gamespy and see if they'll host the FL Global server?
It's also possible that he's referring to the issue recently where the DNS (Domain Name Servers) have been having issues with the new servers, and the new address for disco hasn't filtered back down to his ISP.
There is a global server beta made by a few aspiring young server managers floating around here somewhere.

And by somewhere, I mean here.