Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone! I am new to Discovery as of a week or so ago.
I have played FL since its release on many, many different servers. I love to RP sometimes and that is what brought me to Discovery where it seems if you get a bunch of people to RP together amazing things happen;)

My RP as of late:

Joseph Raiken was born to a working class family on Manhattan. His family had immigrated there after the chaos that had ripped through Rheinland during recent wars. He grew up living a dream to one day achieve greatness amongst the stars as every boy his age did. As he group up however he discovered that there were only two ways to "greatness" in Liberty through the Navy who did not serve the people but the corporations. The other way was to serve the corporations. He chose to work for the corporations because they did not put on a facade of serving the people. They were true in that aspect he assumed. He only worked for them until he could afford a small ship. However small that ship meant something great to him, it meant he was free! He was free of the life in his families run down flat looking out at the "glorius" Manhattan skyline. (Which in reality was the bottom of some rundown tenements.) But everything great came at a price and within the same week of attaining his ship, both his parents were slain during a raid by Liberty Police searching for Rogue drug smugglers in the building. Joseph could hardly believe that the officer actually had the guts to come to his face and say that the "Liberty Government is sincerely sorry for your loss." Joseph spat in the mans face and started to walk away but then stopped and turned around. Then he said, "You try so hard to stop criminals and extremists, but in doing so you merely create more by killing innocents."
From that moment on Joseph worked with one goal in mind; one day to return to Liberty and free it from the oppressive grasp of Capitalism and the Navies that marred the name of Liberty. He took several jobs for an organization called the FTG which paid quite well. He managed to barely afford a trade ship in which he believed that with time he could gather the funds and resources he would need to achieve his goal.
However, he cannot do this alone, if he is truly to succeed he must seek out others who believed the same thing and would fight and work along side him to accomplish this.

So now Joseph Raiken at age 27 launches from Planet New Berlin with bright eyes staring all around him at Sirius which one day, if he can do it, will be free.

Hope you guys like it:)
Hello there and welcome

Nice start by the way;)A role play start is always a winner.
Hello and welcome. If you like RP you'll definitely fit in here. Read the rules and follow them, if you are unsure about something ask before you do it. Reading the sanction reports helps to as some of the rules aren't 100% clear. I hope you like it here and have a great time.

As for the RP it sounds pretty good, mind a few comments I hope not because I'm gonna give them anyway:
-I would be specific about who he worked for, it makes a big difference I think.
-how'd he get from liberty to new berlin?
-I'll forgive you for the dead parents this time, seeing as it's your first character, it's really common around here.
-I love some of the words you use, good vocab
-once your satisfied with it put it in the character bio section
Thanks guys:)

And thanks for the comments, I know the dead parents was cliche but I needed something to motivate him. And I will most definitely take the other comments into account when I expand on it :D
hey, welcome around and have fun ^^ always good to see new roleplayers around~
I approve of anti-capitalism:P Welcome aboard mate.
' Wrote:I approve of anti-capitalism:P Welcome aboard mate.

No! Don't give in to the ways of the Communists! They can't afford showers!