Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What to do if there is no internet available? (and more...)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I went to visit my parents-in-law in Poland last week and they don't have internet. No problem, then I just play the single player part, I thought. Problem: DSLauncher would not start because it couldn't find the patch server.

OK, then let's play the original version. Bummer, it crashed when the actual action should start.

We also visited other parts of Poland and we stayed in a hotel with WIFI and now I was able to start up DSLauncher. I didn't shutdown the laptop and back at my parents-in-law I was able to start up the single player version. After some playing and saving the game I remembered that one could execute some administrator commands. According "/help" using "base" one could move to another base and when using "system" one could move to another system. "base" worked, "system" crashed the game. The big disappointment: after restarting the game I found out that my save games were gone! I also found out that stopping the game in the normal way and restarting it again, there was no save game available anymore.

My questions:
- Is there a way to start DSLauncher if there is no internet available?

- Is there a way to play the original game alongside Discovery? I have thought about installing a new one in a parallel directory but had no idea if that could do bad to the rest.

- Is there a way to save the games in the SP version? Although the games said there were saved games, I couldn't find any in any of the freelancer directories (that I know of). Otherwise I would have copied them before exiting the game.

Any help is welcome, thank you very much!