Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i did do the full clean uninstall/reinstall, unfortunately no change. I'm the only one on my connection, but my brother and dad are having the same problem at their house too. I think the fps is just a side effect of the connection issue. I also just checked my ping and it shows up 128ms with 12% lag. My ping on pretty much everything else I do is 16ms
Check GPU and CPU usage when this is happening (just use window mode). Also update your drivers and run winMTR with the server's IP, you can see it from the server selection screen.
Hm, how strange. - I'm out of ideas for the time being dude.

Sorry I couldn't be of much more help.

If I come up with anything, I'll be sure to throw it in here.
in passing,

try with another connection, wifi or smartphone as shared connection, just to see!

if you reinstall all try to clean the registry
Thanks guys, I'll keep working on it, hopefully something gives
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you have a NVidia card with the 3D Physics Vision drivers installed (or whatever they are). They don't play well with Freelancer. Another thing to try, again under the assumption you are using a nvidia card, is to make sure GForceExpierence isn't trying to overlay inside the game. Again, Freelancer has issues with overlays in general and tends to cause severe fps drops at times.
I saw that in another lag thread and uninstalled the nvidia extras then reinstalled just my drivers. Sadly no change.
VPN? or something else , your FAI who detest FL?

It's complicated, good luck.
Maybe it is the rundll32.exe problem that has been discussed in the forum before? Just check the task manager and close the .exe when having started the game and see if anything changes. You can't break anything, it will restart after every launcher restart.
Shutting down that dll worked! You wouldn't think it was that dll just from looking at it, but I checked and it was eating my cpu. This is the first time I noticed the drag it was causing, it literally maxed out to 100%. No idea why it just started doing that but thank you! Now I can get back to playing.
Pages: 1 2 3