Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I am also a bit concerned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(08-13-2019, 01:11 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]The biggest problem, with people, is that they are very good at having/making preconceived perceptions of others, whether it is because the others support a different Football Team, fly with a different Faction, play with certain people etc. We are good even listening to other people's opinion without actually making up our own mind. What one may think makes a person, good/bad, doesn't necessarily mean that others will see it as good/bad. Blindly following other's opinions can leads us in to making bad decisions or having a poor perception of someone else.

The perceived slights/problems are generally a lot worse than the actual slight/problem. We are all, to varying degrees, biased about things. Bias is good at making us disregard things that go against our perceptions, but keeping anything that reinforces our perception.

I applaud those that have written here and have said that they will consciously try to change their ways. Most will sit there and say "why should I change when others won't" and will wait for others to make the first move (as some will think that others think them weak).

Saying that other Communities are worse, is just a poor excuse to not wanting to do anything. Shouldn't we strive to be the best Community, one that others want to come to?

ok ! St.Denis,

For me, at the time, I chose to tell myself that there was at least one guy who didn't like me, and that's the way it was. But it's a bit of a shame to have people who call themselves masters of the game and think only in their own way, I don't like you, and since I decide, I do what I want. I understand that it is difficult not to have a preference, but this should not have any impact on the order of the game!

a funny little example, I have a ***** English, I've been pissed off with it for 10 years. It makes people laugh and yet I don't always say anything nonsense. It's even rare!

flood threads are flood threads!

like making lythrilux nice? *joke*
(08-13-2019, 01:38 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2019, 01:21 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]The intent is good but these kinds of threads always feel like the "thoughts and prayers" of Disco. As if anything would change.

Rome wasn't made in a day.

Little steps that gain momentum can make a difference.

It's two steps forward three steps back. Year after year threads like this appear, people gather around and pour out their hearts about the complexities of the community etc etc ad infinitum. And then afterwards the discussion dies off, and things return to how they were and don't change. If things ever made a difference we'd have a lot more players right now.
I wish my pregnancy tests were as negative as Lyth.
(08-13-2019, 01:56 PM)NoMe Wrote: [ -> ]ok ! St.Denis,

For me, at the time, I chose to tell myself that there was at least one guy who didn't like me, and that's the way it was. But it's a bit of a shame to have people who call themselves masters of the game and think only in their own way, I don't like you, and since I decide, I do what I want. I understand that it is difficult not to have a preference, but this should not have any impact on the order of the game!

I have no idea if this is aimed at me or a generalisation of the Staff.

I hold you no ill will (nor anybody else for that matter). If I did, I wouldn't spend the amount of time I do helping people with their problems.
(08-13-2019, 01:21 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]The intent is good but these kinds of threads always feel like the "thoughts and prayers" of Disco. As if anything would change.

this same thread has been made at least a hundred times since the beginning of this game. people make these threads to feel better about themselves for a little bit until everything gets reverted back to the same mindest in a week or less.
(08-13-2019, 02:09 PM)Chuba Wrote: [ -> ]

this same thread has been made at least a hundred times since the beginning of this game. people make these threads to feel better about themselves for a little bit until everything gets reverted back to the same mindest in a week or less.

Someone read my discord message to the word.
Word.
(08-13-2019, 02:10 PM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2019, 02:09 PM)Chuba Wrote: [ -> ]

Someone read my discord message to the word.

i did yes so i saved you the time of posting it yourself
(08-13-2019, 02:06 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]I wish my pregnancy tests were as negative as Lyth.

I'm just being realistic. Everyone else can pretend the community is some sort of happy sunshine rainbow candy magical land. But it only takes a brief check through any Discord to see what the real health of the community is, and how normalized that behaviour has become.
I wish my pregnancy tests were as realistic as Lyth.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8