Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I am also a bit concerned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[Image: kQg9Ti3.png]
Okay, I missed this drama thread when it was first posted and I really cannot read all the million pages of responses that were posted since.
I'm just going to make an educated guess and assume that everything Sombra said is correct, and everything anyone else said is wrong if they disagree with her.

In truth, I think you have a point not only in the context of discovery freelancer, but society in general. The ability to communicate instantly with everyone at all times, while amazing for global connectivity, has also bred a culture that is detached from human empathy, detached from facts, detached from history.
It's nearly impossible for me to talk about this subject without bringing politics into it, which we don't do on this board, but I'm just going to gesture vaguely at the status quo and let you draw your own conclusions.
I'm basically describing a conversation I had with Jack Henderson about "the youths of today" a while back, but our old-man grumpiness has basis in fact. I just hope that the ability to exchange ideas internationally in a positive manner will ultimately outweigh the spread of social acceptance of nihilism and genuine sadism.

But yeah. Just listen to Sombra.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8