Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Transport Cloak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cloaking Device Mk III (transport)

Cargo Requirements: 600 + 2 for each battery.
• Ship Type Limit: Transports
• Max Cloak Duration: 16:20 minutes
Time to Cloak when activated: 20 seconds
Fuel Consumption Rate: 1 Heavy Battery per second while the cloak is active

• 80,000 Reinforced Alloy
• 20,000 Industrial Hardware
• 12,000 Plasmonic Metamaterials
• 10 Nomad Fighter Remains
• 4 Nomad Gunboat Remains
• 2 Nomad Battleship Remains

This is the only available transport cloak, it takes up most your cargo space if you want to be able to cloak for a reasonable time. This is fine if you are flying a 5K transport but makes them pretty pointless on anything smaller, can we please get a lightweight version where the batteries only take 1 cargo hold for transports of 3k and under
300 or 400 battery, you can pass a dangerous gate or a JH
I think this is done on purpose so transports are discouraged from avoiding piracy interactions by being cloaked for a long period of time
(08-13-2019, 12:25 PM)Megaera Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is done on purpose so transports are discouraged from avoiding piracy interactions by being cloaked for a long period of time

Yes, I'm not asking to change the game for 5k transports, just some balance for the 3k and below ones.
I used it on BS, because the cloaks have crappy documentation.
no, why? 3500 slaves only 65 battery for 10 min clocked, no! Where, there, slaves are as exemple

i'm ok with you it is annoying, but you are obliged to think well!

you would like a slower consumption for the 3.5?
I may be wrong but the only 5k transport you can mount one on is the zoner one.

I haven’t had much trouble with them personally. If you’re savvy you can get by a hazard with a minimum of 200 batterries. The reduced consumption rate helps.

Meg’s right. Transports avoid interaction enough without being invisible for long periods of time.
(08-13-2019, 12:58 PM)NoMe Wrote: [ -> ]no, why? 3500 slaves only 65 battery for 10 min clocked, no! Where, there, slaves are as exemple

i'm ok with you it is annoying, but you are obliged to think well!

you would like a slower consumption for the 3.5?

No, I dont want to change the normal transport cloak.

I want a new transport cloak just for 3k and below
(08-13-2019, 12:25 PM)Megaera Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is done on purpose so transports are discouraged from avoiding piracy interactions by being cloaked for a long period of time

If they wanted to discourage that they should've removed cloaking devices altogether.

Cloak trading and jump trading are literally worse than afk powertrading.
if i remember, but not sure, there was a medium transport cloak. but it has been removed for the unic transport one
Pages: 1 2