Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Denomination of credits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Freelancer inflicts relatively low limit of credits you can hold at a time.
Denomination should help to solve the problem. Limit will still be same, but hitting it harder.

Pros:
+ More convenience to store vast amounts of credits at single character.
+ Decrease count of character corruption cases because of summary value exceeds limit.

Cons:
- Price deviation. Not so noticeable if divide by 10, but if pretend prices are divided by 100, rounded and then multiplied by 100 back, we get ±50 credits price deviation for all items in the game. All prices that were less than 100 become equal to 100, which increases prices of oxygen and water - POB supplies and increases medium price of FOW by 15%.

(08-15-2019, 09:35 PM)Loken Wrote: [ -> ]It's not about reducing the value of people's money (that is the definition of inflation). It's about reducing the amount of money in proportion to the 2 billion limit, while having it keep the same value or 'purchasing power'.

This would have no impact on the amount of wealth players have, or how long it takes to acquire wealth, it would just scale the wealth more realistically and give you more room to store it.
While the idea is novel, I think an easier approach is make things more expensive.
(08-15-2019, 09:07 PM)Altejago Wrote: [ -> ]While the idea is novel, I think an easier approach is make things more expensive.

The limit is 2.1 bil per ship. So increasing it will only lead to ship value skyrocketing and possibly corrupting if you have expensive stuff on it.
(08-15-2019, 08:46 PM)Invoker Wrote: [ -> ]Cons:
- Price deviation. Not so noticeable if divide by 10, but if pretend prices are divided by 100, rounded and then multiplied by 100 back, we get ±50 credits price deviation for all items in the game. All prices that were less than 100 become equal to 100, which increases prices of oxygen and water - POB supplies and increases medium price of FOW by 15%.

Solution is to combine those items into one commodity.
Was for this long time, actually this is only thing which can save this eco by small blood, and return healthy inflation instead of this artifical choke.

Also. PoB commodities anyway cost *****. They should cost more.
I think the mod has gone on so long that any attempt at changing how credits work will most likely cause irreparable issues.
(08-15-2019, 09:32 PM)Dark_Knight Wrote: [ -> ]I think the mod has gone on so long that any attempt at changing how credits work will most likely cause irreparable issues.
Denomination is just divide credits numbers, rising their buying capacity. if we divide prices same, its not change players buying capacity, but will left space for normal inflation.

Basically, this crap cant be worse, seriously, its already choking hard.
(08-15-2019, 09:07 PM)Altejago Wrote: [ -> ]While the idea is novel, I think an easier approach is make things more expensive.

It's not about reducing the value of people's money (that is the definition of inflation). It's about reducing the amount of money in proportion to the 2 billion limit, while having it keep the same value or 'purchasing power'.

This would have no impact on the amount of wealth players have, or how long it takes to acquire wealth, it would just scale the wealth more realistically and give you more room to store it.
Dividing by ten makes sense, sub-ten credit differences are totally irrelevant even in huge shipments. There's no reason to divide any more than that, ~21 billion is already a massive amount of credits for a single ship.
Is this even possible/feasible? Game masters would be required to go through each and every character and do this by hand. Would probably be easier to design some script to lift the money system out of the 2.1 billion limit. It works with POBs, so could be possible.
Pages: 1 2 3