Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Steep Price of Council's Folly (by "Le Héraut du Roi" News Portal)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Steep Price of Council's Folly
an article by Max Deschamps, 19 August 742 A.G.S.

In one of our previous articles, I covered why Gallia had been forced into the war against other Houses of Sirius. I mentioned that the so-called "revolutionaries" known as the Council are to blame for many of the troubles that the Kingdom is going through. A lot has changed since then, so it's time to revisit the topic.

Council's Harm

To achieve their goals and escape imminent defeat, the Council exposed our existence and turned the Houses of Sirius against us. Even without as much of an advantage as we had hoped for, we still managed to pacify Kusari and push Bretonia to the brink of defeat. But without the Council's interference, we would have done it sooner, averting many casualties on both sides. We would have ensured the security of our borders by creating a buffer zone. The people of Sirius would have benefitted from our technological and intellectual advances. But now we have to work with what we have.

[Image: iCLcwSb.jpg] [Image: e87ddVJ.jpg] [Image: xVaD7g2.jpg] [Image: JzEYxii.jpg]

I still believe that the main harm from Council's folly is yet to come. Many years from now, other Houses will attempt to drag us into their conflicts. In the worst case, they'll try take what is rightfully ours. There is only hope that what happened in the Taus and Bretonia will serve as enough of a deterrent for those who oppose us.

Council's Plans

But even before Gallia was exposed to the Sirius Sector prematurely, the Council had already been responsible for many tragedies. Remoulins station in Languedoc, Gap and Bourgon-Jallieu stations in Dauphine. I won't go into detail about what happened there: you can see for yourself. Just visit and scan those sites, or check the Neural Net. And now this wave of senseless destruction is on its steady way to Ile-de-France.

The same thing that happened in Bretonia is about to happen again, in the very heart of our Kingdom.

[Image: YTJ7a4M.jpg] [Image: Iu3isji.jpg] [Image: EIQP7j6.jpg] [Image: K0qlAyt.jpg]

Council's Goal

In one word: power. It is dictated by the very nature of "revolution" — the wheel turns, and those who used to be at the top are cast to the bottom. The Council can claim other goals, but even they will probably admit that they absolutely need to overthrow our King to achieve them. But don't take my word for it. "Le Héraut du Roi" is about thinking and deciding for yourself. Next time you hear someone speaking about the Council's goals, ask yourself one question: "Could these goals be achieved without so much bloodshed just for gaining power? If so, isn't the Council selfish? Where will they bring Gallia, should their movement succeed?"

The liberation of planet Toulouse in Roussillon gives us a hint of what the Council has in store for the Gallic people. As they realized that they couldn't repel la Marine's advance, the Council detonated nuclear devices in the colonies on the surface, sacrificing untold number of their own people. Those people had fled our Kingdom, trusting the Council to do what's best for them. And in the end, they couldn't even escape the blast radius, as Toulouse's atmosphere is unbreathable without breathing masks.

Now the Council are at our doorstep. They might claim that they do it for a better Gallia. But I'd hate to see New Paris turned into a second New London. His Majesty's Navy stands ready to defend us. Now is the time to pick a side, stand together, and fight for what you believe in.

[Image: fG5NzFn.jpg] [Image: P1aSNNA.jpg] [Image: kv4cikt.jpg]

As with all articles in "Le Héraut du Roi", the comments are open to every individual with access to GalNet. Feel free to share your opinion about the article and participate in the discussion. If you like what you see, do tell the author what topic you'd like to see covered next.