Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship Damage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I my ship and the weapons take damage (ie: when you have to repair while docked), the damage does not disappear when I die.

Example: I fly through a system such as Omega 41 that deals radiation damage. I then get into a fight somewhere else once I leave (say Omega 5). Even if I am killed during the fight in Omega 5, any radiation damage my ship took while in Omega 41 still needs to be repaired.

I've tried dying every different way possible (suicide, each pvp, each accidental self) but the only way to remove the damage is to actually pay it. I've talked to others and been told that they haven't heard of it or they have heard of it happeneing very rarely. This only occurs on one of my characters Miguel.Horne and it started within the past 2 weeks or so. Anyone have a clue whats going on?

(Or an even better question: does anyone understand what I'm trying to say is wrong?)
' Wrote:Whenever I my ship and the weapons take damage (ie: when you have to repair while docked), the damage does not disappear when I die.

Example: I fly through a system such as Omega 41 that deals radiation damage. I then get into a fight somewhere else once I leave (say Omega 5). Even if I am killed during the fight in Omega 5, any radiation damage my ship took while in Omega 41 still needs to be repaired.

I've tried dying every different way possible (suicide, each pvp, each accidental self) but the only way to remove the damage is to actually pay it. I've talked to others and been told that they haven't heard of it or they have heard of it happeneing very rarely. This only occurs on one of my characters Miguel.Horne and it started within the past 2 weeks or so. Anyone have a clue whats going on?

(Or an even better question: does anyone understand what I'm trying to say is wrong?)
ok i am totally confused to this but i will give it a shot at deciphering.....

what i think your saying is:

when your ship and weapons are damaged, and you land, and repair them, when you take off again, they are still damaged?

and if thats correct...then you have tried killing yourself different ways to try to like reset the character so your guns arent damaged when you respwan?
did you land between taking the damage and getting blown up?

Because every time a player lands the game "saves" the player's character and his/her ship status. if your ship took damage, by any means, when you land you damage is also "saved". So if you were to take off without repairing your ship and are destroyed, again by whatever means, your ship will revert to it's last "saved" state; and if that's a damaged state, no matter how you kill yourself your ship will never be repaired upon re-spawn.

I believe he said that he participates in a battle, takes radiation damage, dies, respawns, and still has his ship damaged.

Anyways, maybe it has something to do with the fact that sometimes, after I die, I respawn with my cargo, ammo, and regens still there. ( And it's not cause of autobuy before anyone says it. )
' Wrote:I believe he said that he participates in a battle, takes radiation damage, dies, respawns, and still has his ship damaged.

Ya... thats what I was trying to say. It's rather annoying because the SNAC on the character racks up repair cost like no other.