Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: FR5 hostilities are uneven and unnatural. Proposing small change.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now Wrote:Groups that have been subject to the use of FR5 by another faction, may treat this faction as hostile targets, except for transports, within their Zone of Influence.

Into

Proposal Wrote:Groups that have been subject to the use of FR5 by another faction, may treat this faction as hostile targets, except for transports which can be extorted, within their Zone of Influence.

Discuss.
Create a Samura ID faction.
Cause a scene to get FR5ed. Engage in lawful piracy against mining factions/haulers.

FR5ers cannot attack you unless in self defense due to ID rules.
(08-26-2019, 10:21 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Create a Samura ID faction.
Cause a scene to get FR5ed. Engage in lawful piracy against mining factions/haulers.

FR5ers cannot attack you unless in self defense due to ID rules.

Who said anything about lawful piracy?
This is part of a wider issue that "[...]except transports" clauses generally assume the engaging ID would be allowed to make piracy demands otherwise. It's not just FR5, it's also stuff like Hogosha v Junkers.

I think I'd prefer if ID lines were generally reformed to make it unnecessary to even have an FR5 engagement rule, but I guess that'd fall under the mythical ID rework.
In the meantime I don't think the FR5 rule should have a transport exception at all.
I like the suggestion.
(08-26-2019, 10:27 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]In the meantime I don't think the FR5 rule should have a transport exception at all.
Most of the time, 2 factions that are hostile to each other, engage the transports without a second thought.
Total war. Just remove the transport exception and everything will be fine.