Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Version 4.81 Beta 3 Rep Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK: Usually, when you shoot people down, their rep towards you goes bad and their enemies are pleased. This is the main reason I spend a while beating up the Xenos when I first kick off a game: they're the most universally hated faction in Sirius and kicking the frak out of them gains me a lot of allies.

Now, when you shoot down Nomads (who should be even more hated than the Xenos, because they're brainsucking alien parasites) nothing happens. Not even the ORDER likes you any better!

The key is that there are two columns of rep: one's called "Reputation" and one's called "Empathy". Reputation comes into play when you buy off someone using a rep-hack. Empathy comes into play when you shoot people down.

As the mod stands (I noticed it in 4.80 final and tracked it to 4.81 beta three), the Nomads have no Empathy listing. They should have a heavy negative empathy listing against The Order, Bounty Hunters, Zoners, Outcasts, and Corsairs (and anyone else likely to encounter them), and perhaps a weaker negative empathy rating against everyone else (who may have heard of the Nomads but don't have any personal issues). They also have no rep-hack so you can't buy 'em off, so their Rep ratings are useless.

The Order, likewise has no Empathy. They should have negative empathy versus the Nomads and Bounty Hunters and perhaps a few others. Ditto the useless Rep rating as there's no rep-hack to buy off the Order.

For balance, Empathy always is equal between factions. If the Kusari Navy has a negative .40 empathy for the Blood Dragons, the Dragons have a negative .40 empathy for the Kusari Navy. IE, "You hate on me, I hate on you". Alliances work the same way, just that they're positive instead of negative values. So shooting down the Xenos pisses off the Zoners (+.15), Bundschuh (+.10) and Synth Foods (+.05) a bit. The worst I've seen an empathy rating get is (-.45): that's how much the Liberty Navy/LPI and Xenos like to see each other get blown up.

For those of you looking for a guiltless buy-off, buy off the Zoners... preferably after you've beaten the Xenos into the stone-age and earned a little disapproval. It never hurts to buy off the Zoners (even though they supposedly make the Corsairs and Outcasts edgy).

FYI, you can read all empathy information under the Reputation column of the FLS102 program from Lancer's Reactor. FLStat ver 1.02 compressed file attached.

TarNutz
"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to inflict the maximum amount of wound, damage and death on the enemy in the minimum amount of time." - General George S. Patton, AKA "Old Blood 'n' Guts"

I don't think Igiss ever intended to give the Nomads any sort of reputation hacking. unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with it, so I don't know.

However, there is a way to fix Order Rep. It's actually much easier.

Nomads are hated by everyone, right? The current rep set up is considered Single Player style, so You gotta work with it. To get Order Id:

1) Kill BHG. it works.

2) Kill Liberty Navy. it works

3) bribe Corsairs. I think Corsair/Order have an alliance, so getting the bribe helps you.

Once you do this, Start taking missions on Battleship Isis, and you're good to go
Nice. I'll try it. Bounty Hunters and the Liberty Navy already like me too much anyway. Time to sell some folks at Arranmore Base and get trashed with my Micks. With the prices they're paying, I bet they make films of Bounty Hunters ("Most Dangerous Game", gladiator contests, and torture game shows maybe) for export to the other pirate factions: probably more of a market for media than gold anyway.

I still think that the Order and Nomads not having any Empathy rating makes it a bit of a pain in the ass to influence them, but whatthehell. I always thought it more challenging to fix a rep by kicking ass than by buying folks off (and more profitable to boot). Maybe we can get this addressed before version 4.81 is finalized? I'm not a modder but I'd think that tweaking the reps would be easier than making systems and ships. And it would be interesting if you could turn on the Order and get the Nomads to like you, and thus land at their bases in the Nomad Systems and Tekagi's Arch in Tohoku, for instance: leave the rep hack out for Nomads, so you have to go on empathy. Imagine the prices NOMADS would pay for Pilots, Officers and VIPs!!! They'd have to make it worth your while to turn on humanity.

The program I attached to my last post is a gem: it reads any mod you throw at it, so it's good for checking numbers out before you actually go somewhere or buy X ship. Plus it doesn't try to generate maps, etc, so it's less of a cheat insofar as revealing trade routes, etc... then again, it does jive tell you where the best prices are for whatever commodity: if you've done your homework you can use it to scout some sweet paydays.
Sorry to say man but DGC forums have an issue with files, you'll have to host it on an external site for anyone to DL it.
Too Add to this I doubt Igiss or wolfpack want anyone nertual with Nomads sense that would gain access to the Admins Lost Battlestar if i am correct..
I have something.. Since Zoners have NO enemies, you cannot higher their rep with anything but bribes... I've gotten the double birbe, and still the Zoner Guard do not like me enough to sell me anything more than the ships and most basic equipment they have.. There is no way to higher the Zoner Guard rep.. Making Freeport XV basically useless.. And its barely breaking neutral. One shot and it could go hostile..
Nomads aren't given a rep (in Vanilla atleast) to stop players from continually shooting them and becoming friendly with every faction in the game. This has potential to really effect server balance as everybody would just shoot Nomads and in turn render all other NPC's useless.

As for Zoners, they are infact slightly effected by the Xenos, IMG, GMG, LWB, BHG, Lane Hackers, The Order and Unioners. But these are all Positive bonuses, so you have to become friendly with those factions and you'll get a very minor boost to your Zoner rep.

Hope that helps.
IMHO, Igiss needs to remove the Nomad rep modifyer and keep them 100% hostile to everyone, especially since I'm hearing reports of Nomads going neutral, and there's the possibility of people docking on a certaion base for weapons they cannot use.
And I will explain why nomads have no reputation modifiers. And cannot have ones. If you kill nomads and your rep with another faction increases, you may kill that other faction and your rep with nomads will increase. Needless to say how unbalancing that would be: as far as I know, nomads are quite dangerous as they are now - not for capital ships, but for traders and fighters surely. If you make them neutral, trading and simply moving around in Omicrons would become far too easy.

Lost Battlestar now belongs to 'Administrator Faction', not Nomads. Nomad reputation won't influence it in any way. And this is why DarkOddity was able to dock to this station on certain stage of beta testing. I accidentally made admin faction friends of bounty hunters. This glitch was already removed, so everyone who will be able to dock to Lost Battlestar now is a cheater and should be reported.
Igiss,Oct 3 2006, 06:01 AM Wrote:<snip> And this is why DarkOddity was able to dock to this station on certain stage of beta testing. I accidentally made admin faction friends of bounty hunters. This glitch was already removed, so everyone who will be able to dock to Lost Battlestar now is a cheater and should be reported.
[snapback]39290[/snapback]

Hehe... Admins & Bounty Hunters feel the love! :D rofl..

Gotta admit tho Igiss, I was a good boy and reported it instantly when I saw all the goodies! :D

I soooo wanted to run around with those admin guns though.. Mmm...
Pages: 1 2 3