Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Do people care about the orange treaty?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Until now I've seen several encounters In Liberty space where LN ships fought against Hackers or Rogues with OC Battleship backup when the orange treaty had already come into force (those weren't Hackers of the LH~ faction though if I remember correctly). So now I wonder if the majority of Rogue/Hacker/GC players even cares if there's an OC BS in their territory. What do you think?
They dont, because malta have monopoly on cardamine, free to choose smugglers for it in liberty, and treaty dont benefit to Malta at all. Maybe it have more sense for Kusari, where GC is only smugglers, so Malta cant just screw them.
The Orange Treaty was killed not by its creators, but by time. It fell about for many years, and then suddenly took effect. At what, in my memory, it came all times into force when it was beneficial to one of the parties to the agreement.

It will also be non-actual for the majority, since the organization that created the contract (I mean the account on the forums) did not make any general section under the agreement of all parties to the contract in order to somehow update the section due to new messages.

And so Anton is absolutely right - Malta does not care how those who depend on their cardamine want to regulate its activities. As we would say: "Slaves shout too much."
The Orange Treaty is mostly ignored by indies. NC, GC, LH and Rogue officials were cool with it, but indies just want to pew capitals in Liberty without using HF ships.
As far as i know, Myself and a few other rogues that fly around still toss outcast ships outside of liberty. But i suppose the lack of such happening has made it quiet for about a few weeks or so now.
The orange what?
Another reason being that it's not so widely known (Literally, you need to be told since infocards don't mention it either) so entering Liberty with your new Ranseur ready to destroy Liberty capitals can enrage some oldtimers/elitists that will try to kill You while excusing themselves with a years old treaty most don't even remember.

And then there's the problem that people welcome you when they're getting ganked and push you away once there's no enemy.
(09-02-2019, 01:38 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]The Orange Treaty is mostly ignored by indies. NC, GC, LH and Rogue officials were cool with it, but indies just want to pew capitals in Liberty without using HF ships.

Nah. Who would have recalled this treaty if negotiations had begun between the Rogues and OC's about it not so long ago (QC|, for example)? No one.

Because the creation of such contracts is some kind of stupid attempt to regulate what is impossible to regulate. LR's regulate the activities of those people on whom they depend. This is like the military would limit the supply of provisions to the front.
Orange treaty is a big old joke noone ever cared about. There was a time it was respected, but then someone with a rogue ship engaged the rogues for allying with Outcasts, a big intellectual move. So basically there's a big legal void here around that makes people unhappy somehow
Hm, but doesn't the argument that Malta presumes to ignore the rules inRP because they're economically too powerful to lose as an ally contradict the fact that there still are Rogue players who toss out OC ships inRP because of the treaty (like diamond1 said)? Because if the former would be true it wouldn't make any rp-wise sense for LH/Rogues etc. to toss OC out, since they would risk to lose their most powerful ally. I mean, this kind of dependency would be the reason Malta can safely ignore those rules, knowing there is nothing their "allies" can do.

Have to admit, this whole thing seems very arbitrary to me.
Pages: 1 2 3