Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: TO: Daumann & Kishiro Executives | From: SAC Council
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: ByV9kPY.png%5DSaigon%20Council%20Image]
[Image: 39jggRi.png][Image: j463wIp.png]

Incoming Transmission

[Image: tYQ7S6C.jpg]

Greetings,

As the esteemed colleagues are, as leading members of our great experiment, no doubt aware, the Saigon Autonomous Council has determined that the construction of an orbital docking ring, as well as orbital mooring facilities, must be made a priority in the early stages of development. With that goal in mind, we are formally offering your corporations the joint contract for the construction of the aforementioned facilities. The council requests that design and planning specifications be submitted to the council for final review at the earliest reasonable point.

Signed,

Shinji Yusei,
Council Administrator, SAC Council,
Saigon Autonomous Council Interim Centre

Transmission Terminated

[Image: 39jggRi.png][Image: j463wIp.png]
[Image: ojZAaoh.png]

Source: < Erwin Mannlicher | Daumann Heavy Construction >
Relay: New Berlin, Main Relay
Encryption: AgeiraSec II
Access: SAC Council, Shinji Yusei | DHC Executive Board

Sehr Geehrter Shinji Yusei,

As I am sure you were already aware, Daumann is completely committed to this project, and will gladly take the lead on the development of the necessary Orbital Infrastructure around Saigon. However, I must remind you that the construction of a Docking Ring is a delicate and substantial task - with the cooperation of Kishiro and Daumann, however, I am certain we can bring it to a fruitful conclusion!

In order to undertake the construction, several preparatory steps are necessary. I have taken the liberty of commissioning a Daumann Commission to investigate the requirements and limitations we will encounter. I include below the summary report of their initial findings. In the meantime I will engage with my Kishiro counterpart, to lay out the necessary planning and compile a suitable contract - the staff and vessels necessary for this contract have already been dispatched, and will - until ready to begin construction - assist our ground staff in development of Daumann's new planetside interests and holdings.

Quote:
Stage 1:
Gravimetric Studies: An extensive series of tests and subsequent analysis of gravimetric conditions throughout Saigon's Atmosphere will be required. Analysis of this data will determine the most suitable location for the atmospheric barrier passage, as well as the necessary calibrations for the Docking Ring itself. These surveys to be undertaken by means of specially equipped and modified vessels capable of atmosperhic landing that Daumann will make available.

Stage 2:
Construction Site: The construction of all major facilities, but in particular delicate constructions requiring specific manufacturing of parts, will necessitate either the use of, or the construction of, an orbital facility capable of housing work teams, construction vessels, as well as the shipping requirements for the warehousing of substantial quantities of materials. Materials required will need to be catalogued and imported, with primary care for Super Alloys, Berillium, Boron, Cobalt, Niobium and Plastics, as well as the key gravimetric equipment for the creation of the atmospheric tunnel.

Stage 3:
Docking Ring: Once all support elements are in place, and the necessary calcualations have been made, construction of the docking ring proper can be undertaken. Once completed, or nearing completion, Stage 4 may be initated. More extensive reviews and planning will be required to undertake Stages 3 and 4 in particular, to be undertaken once suitable nearby facilities are available.

Stage 4:
Mooring Facility: Upon completion of the Docking ring - to a sufficient level that the stability of the gravimetric barrier passage can be confirmed by both external measurements and internal traverse, the construction of the associated Mooring facilities may be initated.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

『Erwin Mannlicher
E. Mannlicher
『Daumann Heavy Construction
『Betriebsleiter