Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Missing "Dromedary" in DSCore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know where i should put failture in the DSCore (i like the idea of the wiki more…), so i post it here:
Ther is no entry for the Series YX "Dromedary" Border Worlds Freighter.
All other Freighter (at lest the ones where i'm looking fore) was there...

And by the way:
The webkit behind the DSCore is awful. It works with Firefox (i didn't test Crome), but with the Edge-Browser you can't sort the lists in many cases and using the Internet-Explorer the whole side is nearly unusable...
(09-20-2019, 11:03 AM)Nightowl Wrote: [ -> ]And by the way:
The webkit behind the DSCore is awful. It works with Firefox (i didn't test Crome), but with the Edge-Browser you can't sort the lists in many cases and using the Internet-Explorer the whole side is nearly unusable...

Absolutely true. I am not a web developer and stated so when it went live. There are long load times and the entire thing was a disaster really. The generation tool, while it covers most bases, is somewhat shackled by the Discovery's ini structure (I recall there is one ini entry inside one of the weapon files where there is a random 'f' sitting on of the lines that breaks stuff (but not Freelancer, so no one noticed). I've since rewritten DSCore to use a more logical structure. Infolancer, as I named it, uses an API over a web interface, and splits stuff into 6 database files rather than all into one. Overall, it cuts down on the actual load time massively, my tests showing it was over 400% faster in some cases.

That being said, I am not about to go write a web interface for it without help, cause me and web dev work just don't mix. I have a Discord bot I've been working on which should be able to hook into the API pretty simply however. I've been pretty preoccupied with my work on FL client hooks, but hopefully will get around to actually hosting the API and Discord bot soon.

For now, I'd honestly recommend just not using DSCore. While cool, it's just not functional. It is a great proof of concept, but needs some serious work before it can be considered a finished product. (For reference, the generation utility is a 1600 line badly written C# file, I wouldn't recommend trying to dabble with its black magics.)

Edit: As a side note, I don't care for users of Internet Explorer in 2019.
Good to know that the loading-time of the DSCore is not only my Problem...

We really should use the Wiki insead. This is working very well, even it needs some updates...
(09-20-2019, 11:14 AM)Nightowl Wrote: [ -> ]Good to know that the loading-time of the DSCore is not only my Problem...

We really should use the Wiki insead. This is working very well, even it needs some updates...

You can update wiki yourself too.
Oh, i did in the past (about 6 years ago) and the last changes i made was removed…

But you are right, i should do more there. (How was my login?)