Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Launcher crashing upon starting game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day folks,

I have just made a fresh install of Freelancer and Disco, but despite doing all the steps in the installation guide, the game keeps crashing after launching via Launcher.

I did:
  • disabled antivirus
  • fresh install of FL as Administrator
  • fresh install of Disco as Administrator
  • activated .Net 3.5 Framework (tried both manual and via command prompt)
  • activated DirectPlay (tried both manual and via command prompt)
  • added FL, Launcher and both the data folders to antivirus Whitelist
  • installation 1 (With Bloom) tried both WITH and WITHOUT Bloom, no effect
  • installation 2 (without Bloom) no effect
  • launching in compatibility mode with XP (both servicepacks)
  • launching as Administrator
  • tried adding DSAce.dll and Disco Freelancer folder as expections in antivirus as suggested in https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=107028

Any suggestions please? Thank you kindly
Which sort of crash? also, try the link, and you have a discovery official help channel on discord

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=91864

good luck
Are you breaking the 150fps limit? Try installing dxtory and setting the fps limit to 120.
when you say "both the data folders", which ones do you mean?
People seem to be suggesting things as if you could get in game, for some reason. I'd wager clearing everything inside of C:\Users\You\My Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Acts\Singleplayer will fix the issue.

Failing that, check FLSpew.txt:
%localappdata%\Freelancer\FLSpew.txt
(09-23-2019, 09:14 AM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]People seem to be suggesting things as if you could get in game, for some reason. I'd wager clearing everything inside of C:\Users\You\My Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Acts\Singleplayer will fix the issue.

Holy cow, this did work!

Thank you very much, Laz! <3
thats what i was going to say next, i had a feeiling it was that, hence i asked "both data folders"?