Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm GammaDraconis,

I'm really looking forward to play with you and am so glad this game still has such a massive active community and that the developers put that much effort in this mod. Without a doubt this was not an easy task.

I'd like to ask you for a little help to get started. It's been many years since I last played Freelancer. I see that the Discovery Mod's Community has further developed developed the storyline, and this is a still ongoing process, right? I'm really excited about this, huge respect for the idea and how you did this. But how do I start now? I barely remember the story of the original campaign anymore. Should I play it again first? Maybe I have to do that anyways, to get familiar with the controls again...

Also, how Do I understand what has happened in DCmod after the end of the original storyline until now?

I guess in DC I wanna start as a trader first. Any tips? Are there any trading factions who would welcome beginners? After I'm really familiar with the game again of course.

Thanks in advance
Hey there, sorry I missed this post. This timeline should help a bit with the events that occurred between vanilla Freelancer and Discovery.

I don't think replaying vanilla is strictly necessary as long as you remember the gist of the plot. As for trade factions, I'd recommend both USI and Republican Shipping. They're simple barebones trading factions without any overly complex background lore to wrap your head around.

I also strongly recommend checking out our official Discord server (highlighted in yellow at the top of the main forum page) if you haven't already.

And of course, welcome to Discovery.
welcome, are you transport equiped?

it help to make money
Welcome.
A very warm welcome

and enjoy