Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dr.Avuldus Oriocus Bio and Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Born in 796 AS on Planet Gran Canaria to a Libertonian father who had fought for The Order during the Nomad War, and survived it, and a Bretonian Zoner mother.
Known to his friends as 'Avvy', Dr. Avuldus Oriocus is a young explorer, businessman, and scientist. He has a doctorate in Exogeology and has interests in science, commerce, history, and exploration. His father's family comes from old money, with his father bankrolling his first transport purchase to get Avvy started.
Since finishing his doctorate and becoming a ship captain, Avvy has really embraced his Zoner roots, exploring and visiting many Zoner colonies and stations among others while exploring border and edge worlds on his trade expeditions.

--------- planet Hammersee, Sigma 15 ----------

"Guten tag, Herr Doktor, I'm very pleased to meet you." The two men shook hands while smiling; 'I read your paper on planetary crustal displacements just last month and how that might affect the colonization of this small moon with all these tunnels and underground caverns that have been discovered, very interesting stuff-' The Rheinlander let go and motioned for them to sit. They had met in a bar on Hammersee after communicating remotely for some months, put in contact by their respective universities.
"And I read your work on artifact ID methods, fascinating stuff, I loved it. And really, please Heinrich, just call me Avvy"...
The two men continued chatting for some time, engaged in enthusiastic conversation. Soon they were joined by a young woman of similar age, she too had been a university colleague with Heinrich in Stuttgart. Unbeknownst to them, they were being watched from across the room. One man, in a booth, was keeping an eye on things...

"So you have your own ship?" asked the Rheinlander. "I've always wanted to go travel and see other solar systems."
"Well why don't you join my crew as a science advisor?"
"Really? I'd love to!"
"Great! Glad to have you, Heinrich Schultz, and we'll be leaving in the morning. One thing I want to make clear, we'll be doing trade runs throughout the Edge worlds, and you'll be getting pretty familiar with some not-entirely-legal items cough*cough* You're going to be my science and artifact advisor."
So Avvy has recruited Dr. Heinrich Schultz to his crew along with another woman with technical engineering experience. The next morning, they depart on a new expedition to the Omicron and Omega systems.

----

Player Contributions welcome*