Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Done] Download tutorial proposal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: u3HicBq.png]

[Image: Ba9zlCp.png][Image: sgbqdHg.png]

[Image: X39PtZl.png]

[Image: GbRfYbv.png][Image: Yi4uGI4.png]

[Image: p9CgJxC.png][Image: nDguX6s.png][Image: v9rohmZ.png]

[Image: SHUhv4X.png][Image: P7pHyLk.png][Image: pX1tdhJ.png]

[Image: UeFKwTj.png]

[Image: DZNovhg.png][Image: XSw1De8.png]

[Image: i5FXeYv.png][Image: I3HGLRF.png]

[Image: XQQhP7P.png][Image: cCBL2hW.png]

[Image: Rdd0El3.png][Image: vx4yjE0.png]

[Image: kPJd8im.png][Image: PzclIuA.png]

Common problems & Easy solutions

1. Having a hard time finding the Discovery Launcher? Search it on Windows or find it within your Discovery files. You must use this launcher.

2. Temporarily disable your Antivirus as the anticheat mechanism used by Discovery may result in a false-positive detection and interfere with the installation process.

3. Do not select your original Freelancer folder as a destination when installing Discovery Freelancer. Doing so can corrupt the install.

4. Windows 10 users can open ISO files natively. Pre Windows 10 users can use WinRAR or other software.

Second point is missing a feature: - Activate .NET Framework 3.5 and Legacy Components

I wrote this Tutorial while the video you linked is only showing Net framework but isn't including the Legacy Components (Old DirectX Versions) which are also required to play Freelancer Discovery.
(10-17-2019, 10:18 AM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Second point is missing a feature: - Activate .NET Framework 3.5 and Legacy Components

I wrote this Tutorial while the video you linked is only showing Net framework but isn't including the Legacy Components (Old DirectX Versions) which are also required to play Freelancer Discovery.

I don't 100% follow. Do you mean the Direct Play drop down inside of the Legacy Components listing? I admit I didn't realise there was a Direct Play drop down inside.

However when I did do the install of Discovery, the launcher put up a message giving my computer the chance to install direct play. So that was helpful.
(10-17-2019, 10:27 AM)Avalanche Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-17-2019, 10:18 AM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Second point is missing a feature: - Activate .NET Framework 3.5 and Legacy Components

I don't 100% follow. Do you mean the Direct Play drop down inside of the Legacy Components listing? I admit I didn't realise there was a Direct Play drop down inside.

However when I did do the install of Discovery, the launcher put up a message giving my computer the chance to install direct play. So that was helpful.

Yep, the Direct Play options which contain the old directX Versions that are needed to play Freelancer Discovery.

When Laz wrote the new launcher, he probably added that feature, so new people won't get that problem.
(10-17-2019, 10:30 AM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, the Direct Play options which contain the old directX Versions that are needed to play Freelancer Discovery.

When Laz wrote the new launcher, he probably added that feature, so new people won't get that problem.

Sweet. Well if people like what I've proposed in the OP I'll make a new video showing that Direct Play ticking. Thank you man for mentioning the error and commenting!
What you propose is certanly improvment and i support everything that move as away from old dogmas and middle ages fear of trying and improving new things .
Voted for.
(10-17-2019, 12:10 PM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]What you propose is certanly improvment and i support everything that move as away from old dogmas and middle ages fear of trying and improving new things .
Voted for.

Thank you for your feedback and vote Sasapinjic!
Any further comments or votes?
Can we please not try to broadcast that we have a "$0" link to Freelancer on our forums? Besides that, yes, please. Also it's Discovery Freelancer, not Freelancer Discovery.
snip
Pages: 1 2 3 4