Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new and checking out the mod and the "most popular" server. I played on FL Universe before, so I'm trying something new. Once again I was looking for good Sci-fi games, but Freelancer is still the best one I've ever played.

And... Can someone please put the 4.85mk2 download on the main page? I just tried to join yesterday and couldn't find it, and finally found the download in the forums today. If the server is using 4.85, there needs to be a link, amirite?
Hey hey ! Welcome! Enjoy your stay, and our freshly baked mod !

Yea , having the mod in the front page could come in handy.
Welcome to Discovery forums and server!
Enjoy 4.85!
Read the rules!
Try to role play properly!
Ask any questions you want!
Eventually join a player faction, it helps you a lot with more fun and advice!
Enjoy!
Well, the mod wasn't on the front page earlier since it had only been out a few hours at the time, and I guess our admins were still sorting out everything else between being kicked off the forums because too many people were online at once. Well, anyway, welcome. Just a few tips for you:
Every faction has a ship which can mount Class 10 guns, so don't just go for a Titan.
People will judge you by the type of ship you fly, so be prepared for problems if you fly said titan through Leeds, for example.
Role Play is the heart of this server, but don't worry that your RP won't be good enough. Everyone has to start somewhere, and even some pirates like a chat, between your lane being disrupted and you either giving them credits or exploding.
The Liberty police tag is very easy to get, and hard to get rid of, so try to find a faction you like quickly.
The [Angels] offer advice and non-monetary assistance to newbies, (while they're not being called cabbages by a certain mad rogue).
Trading is the fastest way to make cash, but nobody knows any good routes yet, seeing as the new Version came with a complete economy overhaul.
Beware of Communist Penguins
hello, and welcome to the forums, read the rules and have as much fun as possible.
' Wrote:Well, the mod wasn't on the front page earlier since it had only been out a few hours at the time

But it wasn't there earlier today either, so it was over 12 hours. That's fine though, I'm not paying a subscription or anything, I just thought people should know and to change it (and by now they have, thanks).

And thanks for the tips in your post.

Is there a good place to get a basic idea of the rules?

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4040 Doesn't seem to tell me much of what is tolerated or not for PvP. I found a dock killing thread, but that's about it so far. As soon as I have the new update downloaded, I hope to login and find some of the rules I wondering about on the game server itself (motd or such).