Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: different battleship different strafe speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok..today i was testing different battleships..i found that all size battleship has the same strafe speed..from Osiris to Nomad Battleship.....as for Osiris...why the heck u guys nerf Osiris AGAIN! Strafe speed is much lower...did not get improve on speed...Power plant..it seems all of them are the same....
the osiris has a high reverse speed. - its strafe - while being the same as the zoner juggernaut ... has of course a much greater effect, being 20 times smaller.

the osiris was not nerft, - but buffed up.

the strafe speed was halfed on all battleships, cause their primary guns also have only half the speed anymore. - so doding another battleship is just as easy / difficult as before.

mind, if open-beta testing turns out that some battleships are simply too weak - .... now thats what the beta is for.... we d have to fix it. - but testing in the closed beta turned out no weakness of the osiris - and i cannot remember the corsair representatives / order representatives to complain about it during the 6 month testing.
' Wrote:the osiris has a high reverse speed. - its strafe - while being the same as the zoner juggernaut ... has of course a much greater effect, being 20 times smaller.

the osiris was not nerft, - but buffed up.

the strafe speed was halfed on all battleships, cause their primary guns also have only half the speed anymore. - so doding another battleship is just as easy / difficult as before.

mind, if open-beta testing turns out that some battleships are simply too weak - .... now thats what the beta is for.... we d have to fix it. - but testing in the closed beta turned out no weakness of the osiris - and i cannot remember the corsair representatives / order representatives to complain about it during the 6 month testing.

the reverse speed is not right..my Osiris still stays the same like in 4.84..29m/s in reverse......and why dont buff up all battleship's strafe (not too much..not too little..increase by 5~7m/s would be fine)..now i am having problem on docking TLs....JHs...because caps uses strafe to move to the right place..not like fighter..
i thought that the server would autoupdate all stats..... - maybe the engine isn t updated. - but your osiris ( or that means... new osiris` should reverse thrust at 40 or something - faster than other battleships )

the problem with strafing is - the osiris is good at strafing at a good distance anyway due to its shape. - it can actually really avoid half or more than half of the incoming damage ( from other battleships or cruisers ) at a distance of 2000 - 2500 meters.

the osiris is a kiting battleship, not an assault battleship - or at least thats how we thought its used most effectivly.

i don t really wanne defend the decisions made - but i believe they are right.

also look at other advantages. - flak / solaris are useful on the osiris - try using them on a rheinland battleship or zoner juggernaut - where the solaris range is shorter than the ship.

edit:

make test fights - vs. the corsair DN, other battleships - etc. - do many fights.... as many as you can, group fights, 1 vs. 1 etc. - it all helps. - if you like, you can come to delta and fight the persephone ( zon jug ) or ask other ppl...

keep in mind, we based balance on the experience we made. - we had quite some testers invited - but not all showed up. ( mind, the corsair ships were tested ) - but thats what the beta is for. when a ship appears to be worse than it "ought" to be... this can be changed.. if there s enough reason to do so.

but we need more than hearsay or opinions - it needs facts and many people agreeing with it.
right..on Solaris and Flaks...range problem..on a battleship it cant really reach its 900m distance...it only reach about 4~500m away from the battleship....maybe that needs to change
Before posting about tons of issues that "need to change" please try how they actually work or not work in a fight.

2 Flaks + 4 solaris on the Osiris + it's current strafe and size + current armor => one BS that is extremely difficult to kill with bombers.

Even 3 bombers are mostly not enough to down one. Fighters simply get blasted.

' Wrote:Before posting about tons of issues that "need to change" please try how they actually work or not work in a fight.

2 Flaks + 4 solaris on the Osiris + it's current strafe and size + current armor => one BS that is extremely difficult to kill with bombers.

Even 3 bombers are mostly not enough to down one. Fighters simply get blasted.

you miss-understand what i am trying to say..let's say i have multiply Solaris on a Battleship..when i try to lock an target..it's ~1K range will decrease to probably 500 on some huge battleship (such as Nomad BS or RH BS)and 6~800 on mid-small size battleship..because when u target it..it wont show up the "+" and you cant really aim at a fighter without that thing...
also remember, the osiris was buffed from around 350k hull to 700k.