Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Graphic settings help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone.

Recently i had another one of my 'must play discovery' urge and installed it again and went to play but i my current pc situation is making me unable to play it:

I have an asus g75vw laptop thats at least 5 years old and both its graphic card and sound card is no more(RIP) and i dont have the money to buy a new pc right now so
im currently using(forced) microsoft basic display driver which is 30 mb...yeah...but surprise surprise: i was able to play vanilla freelancer in 1024 x 768 resolution with all settings maxed(which isnt much i know but considering 32mb...yeah)without lag!However when i tried to get on discovery and bam...terrible lag even when i changed resolution to very low (im talking about lower then 800x600) and all details to zero via in game settings...

So as you can see my dilemma can you guys help me with changing the graphical settings of discovery so its nearly the same as vanilla freelancer? or it cant be done?

thank you for reading.OH and i should also say that i didnt install(or enable( bloom during setup.

edit: i just checked single player of discovery and no lag there, only in the server and my connection seems fine too:

ping: 105 fluct: 2ms loss : 0 lag : 5

i dont understand what could be causing it..are the graphics diffrent in server then in single player?

edit 2 : on another note the main menu screen is comepletly lag free when i first enter the game or quit to main menu from single player but whenever i enter the server and leave it even the main menu becomes extremely laggy!

edit 3: ive tried to disable everyting in enbseries.ini but still no diffrence whatsoever...is this graphical lag? im not sure anymore