Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Server's Full
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Currently, the Discovery RP 24/7 can hold a maximum of 198 people out of 200. One being reserved for FL Hook, and one for emergency admin access (if I understand how the server works correctly). I've heard talks about raising the player limit even higher now. Is it possible? Can the server handle it?

Though, reaching the maximum player limit is probably contributed to the much anticipated release 4.85 (public beta) and my only be a passing phase. I ask this whilst I try fervently to get in-game. Anyway, your thoughts.
Was at 220 once. Server died every five minutes.
I voted, no, yes and more. hah. From what I've read, seems like if this was genuinely feasible, it would have been done. But we need the FL source code to even think about it?
It shouldn't add more, unless there is a new server, an uber one. I just logged off with 198 on server. No NPC's to speak of, very easy to map the Edge Worlds, I was expecting to be blown away every 15 seconds...

EDIT: According to JihadJoe when I told him this, he says that too many people = less NPC spawns.
Guess what, it already crashed. Twice in 10 Mins.
More people, more lag. Leave it at 200 the sudden population burst is due to the new mod build release and things will eventually return to normal.
I hope with 'eventually' you mean 'soon', since it's getting very annoying to say the least:(
There is no point in doing this poll. 200 players already is an updated limit (it was originally 128) and server can't take care of more players without heavy lagging.
guys, instead of waiting hours on and on and on here just to log in. Why don't you go do something else of your life? it is just a game. Too bad if you cannot log in, sh!t happens.

As Majkp said, boosting even more would be detrimental to the server stability
And in case you haven't read the other thread about this the server hardware is more than adequate, it is the FL server program that just can't handle more. So if someone wants to code a new FL server, go for it.
Pages: 1 2