Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: QC| DisbandmentNotice (HISTORICAL)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
"I'm sorry," "it's bad that you leave," and so on. You know, I will not say obvious things and just say that it was nice to watch the RP with you. I'm not sad that you dissolve this fraction - this is a logical way out of the fact that you are making efforts, and they are ignored. In short, the dissolution of your faction was logical, I see no reason to regret it. This is your decision, and I believe that you have carefully considered everything, given the size of the post.

I saw your RP, I saw your plans for the systems closest to Malta. I saw your desire to make politics not on behalf of your organization, but on behalf of Malta as a whole. When the faction was dissolved (or rather, a notification about it), the developers' words only proved that there was no sense in the official faction (and I was offered to replace the official Council, which had no asset, but I refused and refused not in vain):

(10-30-2019, 08:42 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Time to nuke Cuatroce stimulants from git, I guess. We were days away from a patch, too.

(10-30-2019, 08:42 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Probably wouldn't be the worst idea to make the approved development requests subforum visible, with a notice that coming changes are pending implementation.

, answer me the question - what is the meaning of the official faction in any House? What power is given to the players, except for official events, which will be done with the permission of the developers? What is the point of conducting a RP on behalf of the entire state if the developers have their own opinions on this matter (the Kusari and Rhineland war as an example)? What is the point of holding some kind of RP, if you first say that this RP will make sense, and then, when the faction announces the dissolution, say that "hell, take your time, we planned it already..."

I would ask other players to think about what is the point of being part of the official faction? What does she give? An increased RP can be on behalf of an unofficial faction - there are many examples of this. sRP? This can allow anyone with due RP. Official events? And when were they and were carried out on behalf of the faction, and not the developer?

I would like to point out to all the players that you are shedding tears about what has already happened. You should not think about the fate of the participants in this faction or the faction as a whole - in your interests to think about why this happened and draw conclusions. People often leave here, pointing to the iRL-reasons and the ingame reasons. IRL reasons can be understood - we are all human. However, when it is said about the reasons “in the game”, the majority nods their head saying “yes, this is really a problem, you are right,” but in the end the players continue to leave for the same reasons.

Maybe it's time to stop nodding your head and start doing something?
This is from the New Zealand Rugby coach who had just been knocked out of the semi-finals in the RWC. I saw it and thought - wow... he has it nailed.

Quite applicable to DiscoveryGC I suspect.

"The game's moved on a heck of a lot from a lot of its traditions, but at the end of the day it is only a game. It means a lot – that's not to put down what it means – but it's only a game, and what's more important is the people that come out of it, the characters that come out of it, the friendships you make and the learning you do as a person," Hansen said.
If this is final I'll start moving threads shortly. I'll put together a PM with links to all the threads just incase you want to use them in the future.
QC has been reestablished.
Please refer to the recruitment threads and related threads.

I invite all former members to join the Discord server for better understanding, and we look forward to seeing you there.

- QC|
Pages: 1 2 3