Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ... I'm bored.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heya, Name's diamond1. Also known as diamondwolf12 on twitch or that one idiot that decided it was a fantastic idea to ram a rheinland warship only to get launched into the planet. It's been a long time coming but here I am.

I'm unsure of my state of mind about this game but there is one thing i do know. I'm bored. I've done almost everything i've hoped to do except one last thing which looks like i'll never get requested. Frankly i don't have the determination to seek it out anymore. I've done the following:
* Nearly get FR5'd on three occasions,
* Somehow and miracuously avoided sanctions
* Friendly fire an ally as a unlawful to what was an attempted rescue mission on a pirate ( Search Gold.Diggah in the forum search bar if you're curious )
* Searched practically every system in sirius including Uncharted I and II ( I have a ship in II), Uncharted Kusari ,liberty, Rheinland, Bretonia, and Kusari ( With the help of someone else ), And even the dyson sphere.
* Get myself a derilect
* Create a SRP ( It was a personal project and more like a fun self thing. Seemed to be recieved poorly. in the end. Oh well)
* Join a faction ( First time went well until i got booted out for "Reasons" and the second time, I enjoy it where the time i spend on it ( will talk about that later ))
* Been a lawful, unlawful, Trader, and bounty hunter
* Create a POB ( Did this with Reddy after faction issues )
* Went code hunting across the entire of sirius ( Will post locations including EXACT location for archangels down below )
* Own a Jump drive, Docking module, Drone bay ( and persist with it), Cloaking device, and cloak disruptor
* Amassed over 5 billion credits ( probbably at least 10 in items )
* Successfully get someone from twitch to try out disco
* Scored my highest viewed video of me being an absolute idiot trying to move a NPC out of the way
* Made many friends
* Attend the showdown of gallia and persist a ship inside the system for screenshot purposes
* Created a player made event which did start pretty well, then it spiralled downards
* Attend rediculous convoys
* Scored my first ever PROPPER win in battle with a mine (https://www.twitch.tv/diamondwolf12/clip...eTwitchRPG Noise warning. I was very excited to get my first ever non-nova kill after 3 years and consistently being closed to killing people normally)

* Been at sieges ( that was boring )
* And many more

I could go on for a while for what i've done in the past, But that's not needed.

I'm going to be explaining something in this next paragraph here.

When i came back from a hiatus of about a year since last november or so, I went away because of an internal conflict involving an old faction and then having nothing to do after we sold off the POB because i wanted something else to do. This lead to me moving to twitch to amass my time on there. I said to myself that i would try to at least get a few people interested in disco and I did! But unfortunately that had some problems of it's own.

For starters, i think i spent about 10 months solid of going from 10:30 PM to 2 AM almost every single day for that long period. And then attending events from 3 AM to 6-8 AM onwards on weekends from there. This caused a significant issue in my day to day basis and as of the last few weeks of going silent and dark, i've been trying to fix it. Which, has might've been doing something, thank god. I couldn't keep attending these early morning things because it was just plain impossible now that i've done everything. Why? Freelancer has been with me since i was a kid. I have a bit of a strange influence around freelancer and being determined to do things in it, But i'm thinking i've finally burned up ( Like crashing into the planet for example!) and can't continue on.

These changes were affecting my lifestyle and wellbeing. That, and a few other things in revolving around a few other hobbies were kind of a swirling mass of hell. So i took a step back from disco for a bit before having a thought about what to do next.

Then came other issues: The playerbase. Surprisingly enough, I wasn't bothered that much by players. Sure, if you've seen my videos, you'll see i've made smartass comments, Talked about other players, or even get frustrated with certain things. All in all, it's a heat of the moment thing. I never took it to heart and was always fine the next day with said people. But to be fair, I was more interested in the arguments and other things going on in the playerbase than any lore or roleplay that this server had. Kind of a sad addiction to drama here. That, also did things I didn't want that lead to a few other issues i won't speak personally about. Seeing and hearing consistency in players leaving and being driven away was disheartening again and again, But wasn't suprised with it at all. I pressed on from it.

I'm bored because of a few things. Namely, Piracy in liberty has been scarce. issues within the rogues for example, has left with inactivity from what i've seen and i resorted to switching over to the pirate life since that was the only action i could find. But, everyone was running off ( not going to lie, I was doing that too as a trader sometimes. ) and the stress of time running back and fourth was exhausting and not worth waking up at 4 am in the mornings on saturdays anymore without a means of quickly moving around.

Roleplay is another issue i had on the list.
I will disclaim here right now that i fully know people have their own roleplay, but this is my perspective
A small issue has been arising for a while within the roleplay form, it was a while back actually when i got invited into the omicrons. I thought with my little rolaplaying ships the {Voided} i'd go see new opportunities. Unfortunately what personally i thought was a joke at first because it was drastically diverted off course to what I was hoping to achieve, i had to back out before a roleplay incident became NSFW which let me tell ya, was not comfortable in the slightest ( mostly unusual since it's something i rarely see in RP games ). This started increasing more when it came to Piracy related RP and while i tolerated it to a point, I eventually just went F it and made mental notes on what to avoid.

The second part of roleplay being an issue was when and when not i was attempting to do RP. I use a simple format because i'm not a person who's big on words, But a few times i've made it plainly obvious when I'm trying to redirect to RP and all people really seem to want is to blast me to pieces. As a pirate, I know that, but if you're going to kill me because i'm a terrible fighter, at least humor my side with interesting roleplay ( Those who have given me laughs or entertaining RP, you're the goddamn best.) And this has gone to another issue:

Weaponry and battles:

As many of you know, i favor the Warran Civilian Bomber and dual Nova load-outs faced with EMP based mines. Why? Ping, Mostly.
Australian net isn't forgiving in the online world. I had a constant ping base of 335-360 Whenever i was online. This made PVP fighting almost impossible because the connection between the two was just players jittering in and out of the battlezone which lead to on my end, some pretty rediculous shots. Cruise disruptors were not adjusting as they would, Mines wouldn't do damage on my screen, Countermeasures ALWAYS failing, and the "Shield absorption" Delays when it came to one-shield-shots. This was when i quickly adapted to the dual nova loadout and static-object crashing in order to get kills since that was the only way i could get kills. And before you question it, Yes i've tried hours and hours and hours AND HOURSon end of practice and that hasn't helped. I have to rely largely on luck. This lead to PVP burnout when I've been consistently getting blasted again and again while cash being slowly whittled away ( thank you for those who helped comphensate for it in the past). But being tied to this place for a while now, i can somewhat guess how a person feels about in battle. After trying again and again of listening to the "Get better" or "Train more" Which, Throughout the entire 11 months of livestreaming it, It made no difference, I got frustrated of listening to it, gave up and stuck to novas for fun.

here's a fun fact for you, It was the BHG| Who actually forced me into this loadout because of consistent double and triple teaming. But that's another story for another time.

Onwards to the next one.

When the gallic showdown arrived, I was absolutely blown away by the effort done on the planetary bombardment of gallia in New London. That was seriously the best event i've seen since the Pittsburg planetary cultist event and even if it was a bit awry, we maxed out population with 5-10+ over! and even managed to catch it on livestream with a few crashes, but that happened. Which sparked determination in the next event which followed afterwards.

I attended the next event, too. Which was a bit opposite. And that ended up with Indestructible weapon platforms blasting our flagship into oblivion in no-time flat because i went through the Jumpgate afterwards. That lead myself, and many others to being confused. While it genuinely scared the absolute hell out of me being faced with this kind of firepower, It kinda seemed to go in the wrong direction of the intended event, and i had to escape back through the Jumpgate so i wouldn't get vaporised. This event in terms kinda whittled also my determination because I, myself thought that It wasn't going to retain the greatness of what was the London event in my opinion.

This lead me to doing code hunting and derilect chasing. because i was running out of strength to keep going. I scoured the entire bloddy sirius sector looking for codes and managed to come across a derilect while i was at it and scored myself a TDG at the same time, woo! to which I funnily enough, had no use for and kept it for storage on one of my other RP ships.

Oh yeah, here are the locations by yours truly if you wish to find some of these yourself!

TANZANITE: Picardy G3 centre-top Shipname: Gallic Heavy Fighter
TANARIS: Ile-De-France F2 Bottom-Right Shipname: Superbe
JADE: Tau-31 D3 bottom-centre Shipname: Kusari Heavy Fighter
BLUE BLAZE: TOTTORI D1 Slight-bottom-center Shipname: Uwajima
HAMMERFALL: Honshu, D2 left-center Shipname: Kanadzuchi
ONYX: Thuringia B4 bottom-center Shipname: Munin
DIAMONDBACK: Alberta G2 Top-Center Shipname: Black Bart
PROMETHEUS: Omega-2 E6 Top-right Shipname: Bounty Hunter Fighter
GOLDEN BLADE: Omega-55 b6 left-center Shipname: Zacari Benitez ( WARNING: SOLAR DAMAGE)
RAGNAROK: omega-58 E6 bottom-right Shipname: {BLANK}
HEIMDALL: Omega-58 Center-of-map (Topleft of neutron star, Warning: Increased radiation damage) Shipname: Vesteralen
EXCALIBUR: Drake C/D-6 Center shipname: Volans
ARIHMAN: Drake F1 Bottom left (41-42k's UP) shipname: Unknown
CERBERUS: Thuringia C7 (OBTAINABLE, REQUIRES BOMBER/GB/CRUISER) Shipname: Karl Speer ( The reason being is that you need to rapidly spam your shield and hull bots so you don't get blasted. A warran bomber is what i used to get to it since you'll get blasted by invisible pockets of gas )
SOLARIS: Texas C6 Top-center shipname: Dallas Storage Container

ARCHANGEL: Omicron Major F6 Top-Right Shipname: UNKNOWN ( Hidden wreck )
https://imgur.com/vBDkXmz ( The exact spot on map )
https://imgur.com/ufgfvmN ( What you're looking for and where )

There are many more, but these are the ones i've confirmed back then ( Not sure if they've changed. Better go grab them while you can!)

I will say, I'm not the best person to look up to. I've had tantrums, I've been stressed and frustrated over minor things and at people, or a consistent person. Which is why i've done this in hopes to change that because otherwise it's just going to get worse. What i did care about was enjoying myself and hopes that others did too and where those times did, There were others that wern't. We all have those days. My main goal was to try and become a better person, but i realised that I can't even start anywhere if I don't help myself first. And this is where this comes in.

I don't plan on quitting disco, I just need a really long break because i'm tired, exhausted, and bored because my true goal to disco, To fly a Barge In multiplayer Will probbably not be realised. But i think that's ok, Not everything can be achieved. I had fun with other things along the way. It's that I need to fix myself first before i can really do anything else otherwise i'm not getting anywhere.

I will give credit to those who have: Put up with my ranting bS, Put up with my annoyances, Dealt on the recieving end of my dual novas ( I swear to god self-suicide isn't a plan at all. I just continuously miss my targets thanks to delays. Oops. ) and maybe a few other things i've done to annoy you. Because you've still stuck around in disco with not just my BS, but others BS as well.

I have quite a few people to thank. That stuff is usually cheesy, but it's alright. ( If i get these wrong then so help me )
& : You two are an odd combination of people. But you've given me some pretty good advice here and there, even if sometimes you had a bit of a habit of trolling me. Kinda reminds me of myself in an odd way. That's what i like about you.
: Oh boy where do i begin. I Can talk outside of disco here but that's not the point. You've given me some pretty good RP, helped me out with a number of scenarios and other things. I can't remember it all because it usually dissapears out of my memory, but i want to say thank you for your help, and even continuously watching my stuff on twitch too, I appreciate it.
I can't even say where to begin. I've had a debate in my mind over and over and over again on one thing. " If there was a competition between sol, Greylock, Lucas, Bannorn, etc etc in the discord, who would reach staff status first " Personally I'd say it's you. You've done a damn lot to help me out and others too, While others may disagree or have different opinions, you've done so damn much to sacrifice your own time to do things in disco which baffles the hell out of me how you do that sometimes. You manage multiple factions, many tasks/jobs INRP, deal with likely constant issues in the factions, Run around with us in piracy and trading, Roleplay, and other things and you still have time to do other stuff. I want to also say, I'm sorry. I've wanted to do more stuff with the faction but I think the boredom really took its toll on me and I couldn't keep going. I might have a little here and there to assist with the transporting of ores to the base, but that's about it. Sorry i couldn't help more.

dev team: I've got a bit of a conflict here. You've done quite a few things to piss me off in the past. Mostly it's revolved around the Reduction of the Advanced train from 5k to 4.8k which removed me of 125 million credits of Narch, which would've been essential to my Role-play, amongst other things like the removal of Gettysburg and a few other of my favorite warships ( which is silly i know, it's all InRP), on top of a few others things, but this is where the next part mattered more.

The community has to be thanked to keeping this place alive, But you're the ones with probably an immeasurable amount more of stress than I'm dealing with right now and have to deal with after this post, And you're doing it all in your spare time at no cost, too. Christ sakes I don't know what to say. You've given me some bloddy amazing events to play with and even some things to tinker around with which has been awesome and I really do thank you for keeping this game alive for all it's worth and not going down without a fight. Even if it's received badly or other things that may have hindered your determination of work or something, Thank you for sticking with us and all the ***** you've been taking because it really does take a lot.

community: You're all that's left of discovery. It may be hard to not want to stab each-others literally sometimes, but you're holding this game together for old fans like myself who like to go indie to play this or for the strive of keeping it to it's core. Please try not to take things literally or seriously because what's the point if you've got your skills with nobody to test them on? And please try to cut the dev team some slack, even if what you put into the game is important, they're trying to sort stuff out, too. You all need each other whether you realize it or not. I've had to release my grudges against DSE back when i got booted out because it was pointless and time to move on from that since it was years ago. I think it's time you release a few of them yourself. Who knows, it might improve your role-play further. Take a break every now and then, But other people wandering around looking for good-old freelancer like me? We still need you.

I think i'm out of things to say. I needed to get a few of these things off my chest and now's a good time as ever, eh?

Even as i'm writing this, I'm feeling a little sad I had to say this, but i've got no other choice. There are other space sims for me to try out for a while before i'll be coming back. I don't know when, But hopefully I won't be gone for too long. I just need a break. Oh, and you're not getting my stuff. Don't even think about asking me!

Either way, I hope you all the best of luck, If you want to find me, You'll know where to find me. Have a good one, and I'll see you all later!

I'm not quitting. I just need a long break from disco to fix my own issues first. And this includes other places, too.
Take care of you all, I'll see you around. Keep the seats warm for me when I get back.
Personally, I'd get bored really fast as well. I think your problem is, you play for the gameplay. The gameplay has its end. What I do to keep myself entertained here: I don't play the game, I play my character's role in the game. By having ideas for factions or characters you get a possibility of seeing the game out of their perspective, which lights up new ways to play the game. Of course it's boring to play a pirate at some point. But maybe you just need to try and create your pirate. Look beyond of what Disco offers in terms of gameplay. Of course, if you're not that big on words, that's a little more complicated, each to their own. But maybe it's that deeper RP perspective you haven't yet used or discovered. Hope you find something fun to do, Dime ^^
Disco has become boring and the events ain't saving it. I said this over and over again, it gives a small spark of activity and then it dies because on regular times the average playerbase still stays around 30 - 50. This is a realy good example how disco crumbles down into pieces slowly, because I can say the same shi* happened to me about 3 - 4 months ago. I became inactive as hell, I think the only time I boot Disco is probably for the events and that's not even all of the events, only the ones I'm interested on, maybe (or if people spam me to log lol). Other than that, that's like a solid once in 3 weeks logging ONCE IN A MONTH even. We've talked about this in Discord already with Dime, I've shared my opinion about this and I just find it sad to see that people still come in with "It's just the Disco Final Nail drama but disco is still alive" lie that many freshlings including veterans keep telling themselves instead of facing the sad truth.

At this point it's just Nostalgia. I've worded some of my concerns on the official DiscoveryGC discord and all I got was "If you think it's easy to do, do it yourself" kind of BS or after we had a solid discussion for 30 mins suddenly Durandal decides to shift the conversation and goes "Hey how about you start by logging? There's an EVENT!!! WOOOO!!!" effing starting the same shi**y cycle from the beginning. This endless cycle of people joining one event and then just go forumlancing for the rest of the week, if even. Sure it's sad to see people going, but to be honest after 3 years I can safely say dude there are better and more active communities that provide more content in other games than Disco. Which brings me back to Nostalgia, still having contact with your friends in Disco is still part of the Nostalgia trip "Oh player A and B are still playing Disco, that's cool!" which you could easily apply to another game because almost every game is fun with Friends. And that's where disco is right now, it's only fun with friends around which we get to my inactivity after Leon (aka Voronsky) left I completely lost any motivation, disco was no fun at all and all the other folks in PG etc. while they have entertained me good (probably the only reason I kept logging now and then) it was not enough to make me log everyday or even every weekend.

People may have not left, yet. But they sure became inactive as heck. Is that seriously a positive in your eyes? When people start to log only on events, I'm sure there's a flaw here and stop blaming the game itself. Sure it is old and I realized it after I finaly got my new PC that there are way more awesome games with better graphics and mechanics obviously out there, but I never seized to see potential in Freelancer which other games don't have. Just it needs a serious work, we've brought up things like letting players drive their factions future a billion times and all we got are "You just try to turn this into EvE" kind of reapetitive arguments. You don't realize, we gave you the oppurtunity to take off the Story line Deving from your shoulders and just move along with what the players want. <- with this you wouldn't even need to do any advancements like new ships, new systems whatever the fu** you tried to rub our eyes (and in some cases anuses) with in order to stay. We wouldn't need graphical advancements, more mechanics if we had the very base function of our Factions actually mattering in the Universe and being able to advance our own stories (as we say this is a RP server). To be honest the comment of "Your factions are not Canon" by Durandal literally killed alot of members motivation in VI (the old members), that's another reason Leon left (funny enough that after I got leadership suddenly all the requests including the Coalition Transport got denied or put into a very low priority list, some people already know what I'm talking about because cash was involved).

NOTHING matters at all in this Game. Nothing you do changes anything, there's no progression. We effing acknowledged long ago that this Engine is hard to be worked with in order to implement stuff in that would give you in game progression then why the hell are the people in charge not basing a universe around serving the players, kinda just being like a guide or making things happen (as obviously you have the power to come up with updates and changing stuff in the game). Serve your playerbase, give them the Sandbox they can play around with (RP and Story whise).

PvE has been brought up too in the past, but here we go again those are fixes we talk about which wouldn't be bad if we could freaking craft our own future as a faction, they would all become secondary to low priority, eventually. While I understand that you fear that people would leave if their factions get completely obliterated by ganking faction, I want to freakin ask you, what changed in NOT doing that right now? Hanging on on those last 30 - 50 players or the ones that only show up for events? We always asked for a change, not rubbing your own shi* against the wall over and over again. You've taken over the Server, you booted out your only other team you had left working with you and now you're just going down the rabbit hole. Can't say I'm surprised as I saw this coming either way but people had hopes and that was definitly crushed after a couple months of the takeover.

And I m pretty sure I haven't listed most of the things I typed on Discord because I'm short on time here kek but I will put them in here, or if necessary even open a new thread. This is ridicoulus, how many of the complaints have been ignored in the past? Remember the wall of text from Omicega and others that were bringing out solid facts of bias and corruption within the Staff, how many people have opened threads and brought up that you should stop fooling us and for once, god dang once listen to our requests and offers. It starts to feel very weak when you just shut down EVERY idea just because you don't like it or because you're incapable of understanding what we're talking bout, because obviously you've been stuck in this dark corner for decades instead of visiting other communities and playing other games seeing how things are done, grabbing ideas and inspiring yourselves.

I was lucky actually that I got banned for 2 years so I could visit other awesome communities and awesome people along the way instead of being stuck in here with the same repetitive shi* over and over again.

To be continued
Dime, take a break for a bit, see how you feel.
If there's one thing about this game, it's not for the game you play, but the community, like you said in your @ Community part.

Will try and join you on stream for some of the other games me man and give a shout when you're back
Hey, I want a Barge too!

See you around later, Diamond. Have fun out of there.
Quote:ARCHANGEL: Omicron Major F6 Top-Right Shipname: UNKNOWN ( Hidden wreck )

Are you sure?
(11-10-2019, 11:29 AM)diamond1 Wrote: [ -> ] dev team: I've got a bit of a conflict here. You've done quite a few things to piss me off in the past. Mostly it's revolved around the Reduction of the Advanced train from 5k to 4.8k which removed me of 125 million credits of Narch, which would've been essential to my Role-play[/size]

I don't even know what to say. This sucks. What was the ship name? If there's any way to prove it, the staff would be happy to reimburse you.

As to the rest of the post, sentiments I think a lot of us frequently share. I think the best advice I can offer is perhaps to try to come at the game from a new angle when you do decide to make your return.
(11-10-2019, 12:35 PM)SnakeLancerGame Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest the comment of "Your factions are not Canon" by Durandal literally killed alot of members motivation in VI (the old members), that's another reason Leon left (funny enough that after I got leadership suddenly all the requests including the Coalition Transport got denied or put into a very low priority list, some people already know what I'm talking about because cash was involved).

Are you sure, because this thread: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=166755 just directly says it, that your faction can become canon. As far as I know Auxesia is canon nowadays.
Sad to see! Many seem to share the same frustrations. To me this underscores the need for a major drive to add some new activities and options!

I also miss barges, used to escort Congress barges with a Pelican!

We need macro activities that drive purpose and roleplay. Players need more freedom to want to go on investing time here after all these years. There is a mini world here, and I think one of the only things driving away potential 'colonists' to this world is the lack of interactivity with the environment itself, and a toxic player attitude of 'how dare you!' when it comes to making bold moves, like claiming areas, resources or routes, especially by force with POB's. It was not a bad thing to need to RP for safe passage through a system or for access to a mine field.

Indestructable stations and ever static territory preserve what? The server already is a space station graveyard with more empty systems than players. Make the ability to change things, systemize it so its fair for all, make the changes commensurate with player effort, and I think we'd see a more active server again. People still love this game, its just become too stagnant after 10 years, it needs to evolve a bit finally. Not saying touch the engine!

As to endless player drama, people need to grow up! I know it can be easy to get mad in this game, and the best choice is to take it out in game. Pass bounties! Remember when that was a thing?
(11-10-2019, 01:43 PM)Gerhard Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2019, 12:35 PM)SnakeLancerGame Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest the comment of "Your factions are not Canon" by Durandal literally killed alot of members motivation in VI (the old members), that's another reason Leon left (funny enough that after I got leadership suddenly all the requests including the Coalition Transport got denied or put into a very low priority list, some people already know what I'm talking about because cash was involved).

Are you sure, because this thread: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=166755 just directly says it, that your faction can become canon. As far as I know Auxesia is canon nowadays.

Check his livestream with Spazzy on the Gallic War ending and check history of DiscoveryGC chat, he literally clarified that.

Quote:Durandal †Today at 8:29 PM
Official in lore
Hoo boy.
So official =/= canon.
Canon = in/of the lore
Official = a faction that has officialdom rights.
Just because a faction is official does not mean they canonically exist within the lore.
Pages: 1 2