Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Restart back to zero?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This is not like my usual threads in which I propose a serious idea to a known problem in the hope to make a change for the betterment of everyone. Instead, in this thread, I just am wanting to see how many members are against such a radical idea (expecting a majority).

The current situation

1. Everyone who wants to be rich, is rich. Not many people need now trade/mine/smuggle/mission/bountyhunt.

2. People do not log to get credits = unlawfuls are bored and don't log = lawfuls are bored and don't log. It's a simple cycle.

3. People have their fancy gear and now just wait for events and after events are over, everyone goes back to not logging.

The controversial idea

1. Restart Discovery so no one has any ships or money.

2. Everyone now needs to earn money = unlawful players log = lawful players log.

The controversial idea with a cherry on top

1. Have only a select few top tier money making trade/smuggle routes and mine fields (and publicise them so all know) in order to centralise players to increase interaction.

2. Rotate these select few top tier making routes and fields around Sirius so all factions at some point get some fun.

- - -

It's not a new idea. I know. I just am wondering what the poll would show in today's community climate. Vote in the poll.

1. This poll has no authority and so any result it shows whether in favour of your opinion or against your opinion, will not affect your time here on Discovery. It's simply some harmless market research on a lovely Sunday evening. Keep the discussion (if any) a civil reflection of that.

2. There are many people who fly online and do not have a forum account or do have an account and may not see this post for a long while. This means any poll result is unlikely to be a fair representation for at least several weeks into the future.
So a total restart would banish
All the player owned base where people have worked so hard to establish

I don’t think this idea has been thought through enough

In my opinion it would drive people away from the game more than
Keep people in the community

That’s my opinion and hope others will post here

And also you would lose all your ships and everything

Yes ......... It is only a game after all but to start again from scratch

I DONT THINK SO ......
Absolutely not. Discovery would lose so many players simply because there would be no motivation to regain lost investment.
the history of Discovery too and restart Gallic war,Events , and all the other wars .
(11-10-2019, 05:12 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely not. Discovery would lose so many players simply because there would be no motivation to regain lost investment.

This.

The current state of the game does not make for an enjoyable experience. I'd be more open to this idea if the existing mechanics would make 'replaying' the game again actually fun.
Absolutely expected responses FREEPORT 12 COO, SnakeThree and Lythrilux. Totally understand where you're coming from. Make sure to vote!
another i need attention vote. Let's be clear, accidental rollback happened few times over the last 10 years and alot of players lose interest only because they lost like a week of grinding. IT would be the final nail into discovery coffin. Most people who are still around are old timers who worked day and night at some point to achieve some goals within the game. My 2 cents, restart would kill disco once and for good. If you wanna restart, go play vanilla or host a server
(11-10-2019, 05:11 PM)FREEPORT 12 COO Wrote: [ -> ]So a total restart would banish all the player owned base

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Maybe use the chance to remove POBs from the mod, too <):¬)
(11-10-2019, 05:28 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2019, 05:11 PM)FREEPORT 12 COO Wrote: [ -> ]So a total restart would banish all the player owned base

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Maybe use the chance to remove POBs from the mod, too <):¬)

Bye bye Manhattan Fortress.
I hauled hundeds of thousands units of base commodities, hundreds of thousands of units of ore that I mined myself all over Sirius... and I am certainly not the only one who did. Not a good idea to force a restart that deletes all that. First, every motivation would be gone, second, you keep doing what you always did best after voluntary restarts anyway, so - no.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5