Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player Warned: IRMM~"Warhound"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IRMM~"Warhound" has been warned for:

Quote:4.4 Every char must have only one type of ID equipped and they must play to that ID. Ship and equipment infocards which specify their use on a specific ID or specific ship must only be used on that ID or ship. In all other cases where these restrictions and allowances conflict with the server rules, the ID overrides the rules except as described in 4.5 and 4.6.

Consequences:

You cannot enforce a restricted on someone who has the same ID and has as much right to be there as you do. Make sure in future that you make sure of the ID of the other Player.

If you require evidence, you may request such via PM from a Staff member. Only the accused or an official faction leader of the accused person's faction may request such. Once you have the evidence, and if you wish to dispute it, you may post in the Sanction Thread below. Do not continue PM'ing a staff member, as that will result in your Appeal being denied. If you PM a staff or post in the sanction thread and you are not directly involved, you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbors, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of GM Right #CTE 750AE
So let me get this straight. an ID, that being the Outcast ID. Has a line, exactly like all IDs do, said lines in IDs aren't "guidelines" they are rules, rules telling you what you can and cannot do, The Outcast ID in question allows you to shoot "any" ship in your ZOI with the exception of transports (to avoid terrorism) I played my ID based off established roleplay between that character and my faction, the ID means nothing to me, the name means everything, so let me play out a little scenario for you.

Victor Steiner one day decides he wants to enter Phi, is told to piss off, so he changes his ID and is suddenly an Outcast despite previously established lore for his character. You're telling me I'm just supposed to let that slide? I don't think so. This wasn't a random indie, and they refused to roleplay on a roleplay server and then screeched like a child on the forum, like plenty of people seem to be doing now a days. Reminds me a lot of that fellow named Reptile actually.

Ever heard of a Maltese civil war? You know, things that used to happen all the time that saw tagged an untagged alike nuking the everliving sh*t out of each other, that's still happening to this day Outcast ID shooting Outcast ID? Didn't see sanctions flying for that sort of thing (Which happened 2 days ago by the way). Considering I know full well this type of sanction has happened before, allow me to make a request then. Before you enforce rules, make sure there are rules to enforce.

So what you are saying here is you don't give a damn about established lore in the Universe, and you don't give a damn if there's actually a rule preventing what I did, you just didn't like what I did so you're justifying a warning and a sanction should I continue, ridiculous.

this seems entirely based off someone's triggered sense of morality, morality should never be a part of enforcing rules, because as it shows right here. This warning has no backbone, you don't even have an actual rule saying I can't do that so you quote something about an ID that's more relevant to the person getting shot than myself. I know the rules, do you?

You don't even have a proper quote of the specific rule stating I can't do that, because there simply isn't one. Outcasts shoot other Outcasts, that always happens, always has happened, always will happen. Are you planning on warning every living soul that's ever played an Outcast? or are you just picking favorites.

You can't demand I not do something my ID clearly allows me to do. I will continue to play to my ID and there isn't anything you can do about that, because there isn't a rule saying I can't. There's plenty of things established backing up what I did, and nothing to the contrary. Good luck finding something that undermines my action, but I assure you that there isn't such a thing.

No hard feelings, Denis. I know you're just doing your job. But this is a roleplay server, and roleplay has consequences, consequences that are carried out by the players. I can imagine if someone walked up on your front lawn and started bossing you around inside your own house, you wouldn't take to kindly to that.

You should be more focused on people actually breaking rules, just my 2 cents.
#Alexos Darkmantle
#Team

The green text is saying that I am allowed posting here because I am directly involved.

I am not denying the roleplay background of my character Medusa.Gorgon but that very day I was swapping the group and ID for that character back for Outcasts (Medusa was starting out on this server for an Outcasts in the beginning).

I was flying around in Omicron Phi on the Outcasts ID and Outcasts IFF that I only was getting me some time before that day. All the roleplay you were writing for me ingame was not saying a word about my character's background.
All that you were saying was here this:
Quote:[06.11.2019 01:03:11] 2019-11-06 01:03:10 SMT Traffic control alert: Medusa.Gorgon has requested to dock
[06.11.2019 01:03:21] IRMM~"Warhound": You're not supposed to be here.
[06.11.2019 01:03:33] Cloaking device off
[06.11.2019 01:04:26] IRMM~"Warhound": You're trespassing in Maltese Guard territory
[06.11.2019 01:04:29] IRMM~"Warhound": Prepare to die.
[06.11.2019 01:05:40] IRMM~"Warhound": You think running into a cloud I know like the back of my hand can save you?
[06.11.2019 01:06:52] IRMM~"Warhound": Opening fire
[06.11.2019 01:10:35] Death: Medusa.Gorgon was put out of action by IRMM~"Warhound" (Mine).

You were shooting a cruise disruptor for me the moment I was jumped in the system and you were telling about how I am not allowed in that system. There was not one word on all the roleplay stuff you later were claiming for reasons. You were doing no roleplay that had showed me that this was about my character's backstory.
There was no piracy from you. There was no bad talking from me.
All you were saying was that I was trespassing and that you were going for killing me.

From all I was getting from that run-in and all the roleplay you were writing there, I only can assume that I was shot for just flying around there. There was no hint that there are other reasons.

#Team
(11-11-2019, 05:48 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]
Make sure in future that you make sure of the ID of the other Player.

He was very sure about my ID and IFF, and even was making a roleplay post about this: LINK
Hello. Faction leader here.

May i see the evidence please?
(11-12-2019, 06:44 AM)StDH Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. Faction leader here.

May i see the evidence please?
Greetings St.Denis,

I would like you to reconsider this warning. Because as such, the IRMM had enough evidence to shoot Medusa on sight:
1. Riling 6 non-outcast factions against Malta: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=174322
2. Not declining the defection from Malta and threatening Malta/IRMM: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=174733

Do Nations look happily at individuals trying to revolt against their own nation and then finding them in their Military zones ? They'd at least be taken into Custody. Medusa has not said a single word of RP in 3 minutes which Chiper confirmed himself as a reporter. This is highly suspicious for someone who openly asks for Nomad Remains, which means we could also assume she's been infected. Her failure to answer RP on Roleplay server brought her own doom.

As a counter, may we see the Roleplay where Medusa claimed to have returned back to Malta? This is a Roleplay server, and as such there should be RP that explains why Medusa swapped ID's. If there's none, then we have another problem. A problem of someone swapping IDs which can be compared to Powergaming or with an intention to do so. Also, Liberty Rogues are not really Outcast Allies, they're a bunch of drug dealers that are crazy enough to shoot Outcast capital ships in Liberty to remove them from "their turf".

My fundamental question is: Can characters swap ID's with nonexistent written RP?