Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Event badges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(Images are imports from Halo and serve as a visual aid to this pitch. We would design our own of course)

We enjoy getting achievements while playing video games however Freelancer hasn't much to offer.

We could enable official and unofficial factions to share on the forums (faction info pages and personal signatures) certain badges depending on their achievements.

The problem with these sort of ideas is usually they are so complex that they are hard to follow, hard to remember and hard to implement. So with simplicity in mind:

An official or unofficial faction(s) wins an event. They can put a community acknowledged badge on their forum account and info page:

[Image: GcpUNVH.gif]

They win two events...

[Image: JcctDOv.gif]

All the way up to ten events.

[Image: uIWCAd8.gif]

We could have different badges also for trading factions who set up an a convoy event and challenge players to line their trade route. If they make it, they get badges.

Obviously anyone who tries to publish a badge without proof of being involved would be dealt with by staff. So this idea does require some staff oversight. However a faction can prove winning events by screenshots with time stamps. Staff don't need to be in-game.

Thoughts?
Nah . forum title and custom color (add pls) is enough
(11-11-2019, 08:52 PM)Couden Wrote: [ -> ]Nah . forum title and custom color (add pls) is enough

Nice ideas too. How do you recommend we show multiple event winnings in custom titles? And how do you recommend we show custom titles should someone be involved in two different factions who both have earned the right to a custom title?
Team stacking will be a plague for this.
Events should be about the fun, and not about the medals. Instead of victory badges, we should have participation badges. This way everybody involved in events have a little nice memory or reminder about it. "Look! I was there! And it was fun!"

These could be tiny little icons below user info, similar to Paradox forums badges, perhaps.
-Example-
I see how things could get clogged quickly though.
+1 for
(11-11-2019, 08:58 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Team stacking will be a plague for this.
Can we prestige once we get ten?
(11-12-2019, 01:28 PM)Saberuneko Wrote: [ -> ]Events should be about the fun, and not about the medals. Instead of victory badges, we should have participation badges. This way everybody involved in events have a little nice memory or reminder about it. "Look! I was there! And it was fun!"

These could be tiny little icons below user info, similar to Paradox forums badges, perhaps.
-Example-
I see how things could get clogged quickly though.

That's honestly a great suggestion. Unfortunately, it'd be a lot of bureaucracy on getting them assigned and proving participation, probably way more than what the current team can do.

Custom titles were/are a nice personal reward for them, personal colours would be too much.
killionaire
Pages: 1 2