Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Delete a character if he dies.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(11-14-2019, 04:49 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]The gameplay loop, if it truly exists at all, is not built for this kind of thing.

Not having a go.

Do you play or exclusively post once a day about how the game isn't what you'd like? I miss your RP and I hope I'm going to see Lyth threads in a non-discussion subforum eventually.
Just don't complain if the server seems empty in many cases. I proposed a solution. You decide if adopt that.
Your solution would in no way positively impact the amount of players on the server. On the contrary.
How in the world does pvp death deserve further "punishment".

Sure, punish people by taking away credits and gear that they can re-acquire, but punish them for things that actually deserve punishment.
(11-14-2019, 04:57 PM)Piombo65 Wrote: [ -> ]Just don't complain if the server seems empty in many cases. I proposed a solution. You decide if adopt that.

38 people online in the game at the moment, 40 voted against it. Are we still discussing?
(11-14-2019, 04:55 PM)Riehl Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2019, 04:49 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]The gameplay loop, if it truly exists at all, is not built for this kind of thing.

Not having a go.

Do you play or exclusively post once a day about how the game isn't what you'd like? I miss your RP and I hope I'm going to see Lyth threads in a non-discussion subforum eventually.

You're free to start deleting your ships each time they explode if you disagree. I am simply stating a fact that the game isn't intended to be played this way. Moreover that it's largely agreed that trading is not fun, so having to do it repeatedly would certainly lead to burnout.
(11-14-2019, 04:57 PM)Piombo65 Wrote: [ -> ]Just don't complain if the server seems empty in many cases. I proposed a solution. You decide if adopt that.

Haven't we all!

Adding more penalties from destuction isn't going to stimulate the economy.

Adding more things to do that make people on both sides of an issue want to try and log will. its true that there is way more forum activity than in game activity now. Server growth is at a wall.

We need more organized avenues for player driven development.

In regards ro the OP, I used to keep track of where my 'guy' is all the time with Jonas Hudson, for fun and somewhat to avoid an inrp death or capture. If I was going to RP the same character but on a different ship, I'd leave those ships on the same base. I'd go back and dock before switching instead of just docking anywhere. So at least in my mind I knew where Hudson was. I figured if I got sloppy I might have some attempt pulled on me to say he was captured on a base I was just seen docking on. I would have at least rolled with it.

But again, we have no system of organization for this stuff. I know it seems like monumental work, but its not so hard. I mean you could create a D&D light for disco for those situations, but maybe that is too tedious, it would also have cons as well as pros. If someone knows your character was definitely on a ship, and they see you docked, they could inRP go after you...That is, if they could also dock on the same base, or hire a neutral 3rd party to get there before you leave.

I dunno, at that point if they can prove they docked there too, allow for a challenge? Give each character 10 imaginary points and just roll dice.

Roll dice to determine whether they even get to fight. Then you get to roll and each win could knock off a point from the other guy. Get someone down to zero and they're dead. I suppose if you get them down to 1 HP, they could submit to capture perhaps, depending on how strong the attacker still is. Its just a simple system to determine if you successfully encounter someone on a base, and who hurts who if you attempt to fight. That could work for arrests and bounty hunting etc, for inrp purposes. That might seem crazy, but at the same time, every attempt on a character's life risks your own character too, so one would need to be careful. I suppose if you brought friends who could attack too, being a loner might be risky. The smart thing would then for allied characters to base themselves together, and at (inrp) secret bases!

Also, as a player tactic, if you are in the omegas in a fighter and a fight breaks out in the Taus, and you want to be there on the same inrp chatacter, don't just switch to a bomber thats closer, fly up there, to the base the bomber is on, and then switch. At least you also avoid being seen in two places across Sirius with the same character at almost the same time. You never know, things may happen along the way too!

And when it comes to pvp death, too bad when we die it cant replace the ship with an escape pod model that you can still fly at impulse, but is indestructable. You could hang at a battle and rp from your pod, or begin slowly limping back to the nearest safe base. And once you dock, the old ship comes back. That would probably take some work, but would be pretty sweet.
So if trading has no more purposes, why do pirates exist? And consequently, why do police exist? And indeed there's not so much activity in trading companies, pirates, and mainly, the police.
(11-14-2019, 05:54 PM)Binski Wrote: [ -> ]Adding more penalties from destuction isn't going to stimulate the economy.

Adding more things to do that make people on both sides of an issue want to try and log will. its true that there is way more forum activity than in game activity now. Server growth is at a wall.

And, indeed, adding some maintenance experience is a "thing to do that make people on both sides of an issue want to try and log"
Pages: 1 2 3 4