Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Delete a character if he dies.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
That would raise the stakes. Would help with roleplay.
no one would stay on this game if this was a thing
no lol
I am not a fan of Permadeath unless it can be opted out of.

Death is however cheap and creates a disconnect in the value of ship/life so I would not be opposed to seeing some penalty imposed on dying.
Maybe some temporary drawbacks or permanent depending on death count or other metric to encourage people replacing ships (Taking Credits from wallets and back into the system so to speak.).
If you want a game that players lose their stuff, suggest you play some other game that is not Freelancer: Discovery. Play EVE for instance but do not bring it to a game that is almost on life support.
There already is a penalty for death though.

Its called pvp death and it makes you 'unavailable' for an hour.
Sure

)))
(11-14-2019, 03:30 AM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]Sure

)))

See, this is why can't have that. Wesker.
PvP death to my understanding is not enforced by system or though game mechanics but by Player agreement, It works to a point but is not in itself an incentive to not die by player or world.

It is a great soft rule to allow player interactions a chance to resolve and end if a fight breaks out, But it does not incentivize better play.
Allowing yourself to be blown up because it is less hassle than fighting (Or in my case it is just a lack of skill) or loses less money over submitting to demands or just afking into planets or minefields while tabbed out (something I do from time to time) are all non issues because there is no reason to not just die take the minor pocket tap and go right back to what ever we were doing.
A pvp ship goes somewhere else or logs out, a trader that was pirated switches or picks a new place to sell, the planet crasher just resets and pays a little better attention the next time around.

These things are minor setbacks but do not make players avoid being killed either from PVP or PVE.
I am not saying that a death mechanic needs to be implemented, but if one was to be put in place There are a number of options that are not permadeath and can be used to incentivize better play in RP or PVP areas.
(11-14-2019, 03:43 AM)Son_of_Megatron Wrote: [ -> ]PvP death to my understanding is not enforced by system or though game mechanics but by Player agreement, It works to a point but is not in itself an incentive to not die by player or world.

It is enforced by sanctions though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4