Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Missing Font?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a problem that also occured in previous build. When I mouse over a mod item such as IDs or mod added equipment I get the mouse over box but no text. When I click on items such as mod added weaps and ships I get no info in the bottom panel. The list such as Turrets: Shields: etc shows up but there are no values for each listing. It seems to be a missing font problem but not sure.

Also in .85 I get no npc's at stations, bases or planets. Its like i'm all alone in a very big universe. Dealers dont show on screen when visiting their stores etc.

Lastly, all mod added systems are called '?????' and do not show up on my nav map after visiting them.

Any help on these subjects would be greatly appreciated as i have been looking forward to playing this mod all day
Sounds like a faulty install rather than a font missing, I suggest you try to reinstall everything (freelancer, the mod) and don't forget to backup your chars.
Well already done that once but guess I could try again before giving up.
Did you also delete all FL files after uninstalling?
Tup, done it twice now, totally clean installs of FL, FLMM and Disco and still the problem persists. Grrr growl Grrrr :angry:
' Wrote:Tup, done it twice now, totally clean installs of FL, FLMM and Disco and still the problem persists. Grrr growl Grrrr :angry:

Another case of missing text i just found was when talking to bartender about bribe at rochester. The screen just shows the accept or decline option with no actual info on the bribe or its cost
And finally yet another missing text issue. When i look at the news screen i can see no text on news items that appear to have been added by the mod. The only text i can see is 'IDS?' on just about everything. It seems anything that involves text from this mod is affected. I have reinstalled 3 times now and tried 2 different dloads of mod. I can only think that I am missing a font of some description but it only happens with Disco stuff. The standard freelancer content is unaffected.
If anyone has anymore thoughtd on this I would appreciate it. I have had this mod for 48hrs now and am still unable to play
Have you cleared the registry of Freelacer? Follow these instructions:
  1. Run
  2. Type 'regedit'
  3. Follow this tree My Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft> Microsoft Games
  4. Freelancer should be inside, delete this.
Now perform a Discovery 4.852 deactivation through FLMM, BACK UP YOUR ACCOUNT ID through Freelancer Account Manager (google it). Get your ID, now uninstall the game.

After you've done all that, re-install the game. That is the 'pure' way to clean it. Unless you want to format your partition.
' Wrote:Have you cleared the registry of Freelacer? Follow these instructions:
  1. Run
  2. Type 'regedit'
  3. Follow this tree My Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft> Microsoft Games
  4. Freelancer should be inside, delete this.
Now perform a Discovery 4.852 deactivation through FLMM, BACK UP YOUR ACCOUNT ID through Freelancer Account Manager (google it). Get your ID, now uninstall the game.

After you've done all that, re-install the game. That is the 'pure' way to clean it. Unless you want to format your partition.

Yeah Fletcher, I have done all that I assure you but thanks for the advice. The freelancer install runs perfectly until I activate this mod, and its always missing text and system names etc
re-download the mod? even with the best internet connection, a dl can still hiccup. especialy if a lot of people are dling the same thing from the same place at the same time.
Pages: 1 2