Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Piracy is a joke.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You sit on a lane for 10-20 minutes only to get 1-5 million (usual cargo price) credits from the trader.
Trader does not feel the threat because if he dies he can just move to another system/change character.
Being a pirate feels like a job. A low paying job. With a bunch of rules of interaction limiting the pirate (but not the trader) on top.

Also if you use correct id to pirate you got a sign over your head that says "PIRATE". So as a trader you don't need to think if some pilot following you is a pirate (which, I think, could be a fun game for both parties)

If agree - please propose solutions.
you have much to learn.
1. Get a Freelancer IFF

2. Piracy isn't, and will never be, a source of income with higher credit/time ratio than trading or mining. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

3. Piracy is an opportunity to start interactions that have the potential to be fun. Aim at enjoying the fight, flight, craziness, bravery, trickery, douchebagery, debauchery, gunghoness. Don't do it to enjoy solely the credits or pvp win, or you'll likely be disappointed.

4. Try to explain to devs / game masters / who ever is responsible to lift restrictions on what people can do on individual IDs as far as possible, and try to get them to understand that the decade old paradigm of "nerf every ID so they all become equally unattractive and people switch chars/IDs every time they want to do something else or move somewhere else so all factions and places get a bit of boring and lonely activity" needs to change.

5. When you've achieved point 4, tell me how you did it.
I would like to gently leave my signature here, dont pay attention to me.
Right. As you said, you sit and do nothing. Excuse me, I can't call it "job", nah-nah. And moreover, you're unhappy with profit. Well... So, you want to sit, do nothing, and have money flowing straight into your pocket, eh? Shy
(11-19-2019, 11:16 AM)Timinator Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to gently leave my signature here, dont pay attention to me.

[Image: 12272509.jpg]
If you're pirating to earn credits, you're doing something wrong.
(11-19-2019, 11:35 AM)Greylock Wrote: [ -> ]If you're pirating to earn credits, you're doing something wrong.

Alternatively be a police Officer and fine the crap out of people (up to 10m in game depending on the infraction) and make money that way.

OR

Be a trader.
(11-19-2019, 11:37 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2019, 11:35 AM)Greylock Wrote: [ -> ]If you're pirating to earn credits, you're doing something wrong.

Alternatively be a police Officer and fine the crap out of people (up to 10m in game depending on the infraction) and make money that way.

OR

Be a trader.

Or ,open a shipyard ,buy ships cheap and sell high, best money is there ,if you are smart enough lol.
This thread is a joke.

Good meme.
Pages: 1 2 3