Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Piracy with a Freelancer ID.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw different opinions on that topic both on forum and in game. I want to check current community's opinion with a poll.

My opinion:
As a pirate I want to follow a trader until I have a good opportunity to strike. As a trader I want to spice my boring trade runs with people who try to follow me into border worlds and try to mug me. After all, profits from trading are enormous (especially with 5000 train). Sadly it's impossible with current Pirate ID since lawful bases start attacking you and traders identify you as a pirate right away. So I would like to see some Freelancer ID pirates.
Perhaps you are looking for Junker ID
Junkers can do piracy only outside houses but Kusari and Gallia. I actually dislike the idea to merge FL and Pirate IDs because if you want to play a pirate - be ready to have a bad reputation within lawfuls.
Buy a cloak if you are into this strategy with pirate ID.
Be a Junker. :^)
Yeah you can use a Pirate ID/Freelancer IFF combo and even a Junker ID/Freelancer IFF. Did that with the Pelican for a long time. Which basically makes you an indie Junker raider that leaves the houses to pirate, returns to do business and sell loot. For a unique deal and widest ZOI, build some rp around it, go for a Spec Op or Terrorist ID.