Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What's there to do in OpenSP in the current version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm an old time player here coming back to the game with a friend, and only really interested in playing with single player at the moment. I'm just curious what's feasible in the latest version of the mod using OpenSP.

I was able to find a command list (which hopefully still functions in OpenSP) that allows you to do a number of things such as changing your player model, setting faction reps, teleporting to bases and whatnot, etc, but I'm wondering if more changes have been added to all of that in the years of development there's been since.

I'm also sort of asking what's feasible from a gameplay perspective in OpenSP. For example, there's a base building system now, but the grand requirements for building, upgrading, and upkeeping a base seem balanced to be done by a faction vs a single player offline.

Any info and suggestions are much appreciated!
Hey Orin. Welcome back. Great to see you around again and may I say, I love your signature haha

Yes the commands work. Latest information has been kindly put together by in [Tutorial] Singleplayer Commands - Test your favorite equipment, ships and more!

To my knowledge bases aren't possible in single player but to be honest they are such a large time investment that you likely wouldn't want to go through the steps to build one yourself in an environment with no other players to interact with.

Is your friend new to Freelancer entirely? Do they have a copy of the game? Our download instructions thread can help them get both FL and Discovery in mere minutes.

I look forward to flying with you in Discovery when you are ready to switch over from single player
(11-22-2019, 12:12 PM)Avalanche Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Orin. Welcome back. Great to see you around again and may I say, I love your signature haha

Yes the commands work. Latest information has been kindly put together by in [Tutorial] Singleplayer Commands - Test your favorite equipment, ships and more!

To my knowledge bases aren't possible in single player but to be honest they are such a large time investment that you likely wouldn't want to go through the steps to build one yourself in an environment with no other players to interact with.

Is your friend new to Freelancer entirely? Do they have a copy of the game? Our download instructions thread can help them get both FL and Discovery in mere minutes.

I look forward to flying with you in Discovery when you are ready to switch over from single player

Yeah, I skimmed through the base building guide and from the look of it even if you could build a base in SP, it would probably just require abusing commands to cheat enough resources to be even slightly doable.

I'll check that thread as well, thanks for the info!