Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Overwatch; Legacy Of Orillion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: ndPOrO3.png]

To whom it may concern,

Perhaps you would have expected such a transmission - perhaps not. Truth is I wouldn't have expected to do so either, but times change and I must think above my own ideals for the better of all Junkers roaming Omicron Minor.

Shortly put: the situation on Tarancon is bad. And The Core constantly harassing any Voltaic operatives has lead to such a moment where I stopped reporting their actions to the Guildkeepers in charge. It is obvious that they either cannot hold down their semi-pirate pilots in check, or actively endorse such actions. Five displeasing encounters with them is nonetheless annoying.

On the other hand, whether the Order Overwatch and the Legacy of Orillion intended or or not to actively endorse our presence and welcome the new administrative bunch of Tarancon into Omicron Minor gave me enough reason to send you this transmission with high hopes. Hopes that The Order would support the Voltaic Junkers in removing the depressing sight of the Toledo Graveyard. Right now Tarancon is in bad shape, with its only defenses being couple dozen Collectors, a few Wrecker gunboats and some Bulldogs.

Tarancon must not fall - for the hundreds of workers welding steel and smelting scrap without end in a miserable wreck. As such, I would like to propose a sort of "deal".

Scrap collected from Tarancon may be delivered for a moderate amount of credits - credits which will be used to build more defenses around this base and repair its damaged fuselage. There are many stages to complete before Tarancon becomes the rightful smelter that will remove the dreaded Graveyard. Should the Order propose something more to the negotiations table, then I have no reason not to listen.

[Image: tnMSJHT.png]
[Image: HAcCDJ4.png?1]
WEDJAT SHADOW NETWORK
Tarancon Station
CONNECTION

ESTABLISHED
ENCRYPTION

CLASSIFIED

SOL|13379001|

[Image: P9iHz95.jpg]
Agent Solandros

Encrypted Wedjat Shadow Network Transmission

● RECIPIENTS:
● SENDER:
● LOCATION:
● PRIORITY:
● SUBJECT:
Voltaic Junkers
Agent Solandros
SCRAMBLED
█ █ █ █ █
Tarancon Station

Hail Voltaic Junkers.

Allow me to first introduce myself. I am Agent Solandros of the Order Overwatch.
While I do not believe any names were mentioned in your initial communication, hopefully this
will soon follow.
We were made aware of the change in organization of Tarancon Station by the Junker Congress
and we are not opposed to a Junker presence in the system.

The state of Tarancon Station has been somewhat of a concern, without proper defenses in place
Nomad infection could take place undetected. I doubt I have to stress how much of a threat that is
to humanity as a whole. The Cores behavior comes as no surprise, as you have noticed their actions
are far removed from the lofty image they've crafted for themselves within the houses.
I'm afraid you will see them commit far worse autrocities in due time while being in the system.

Regarding the Toledo Graveyard. You must understand it borderlines on a sacred memorial for the Order.
We have lost countless brothers and sisters in arms defending ourselves from the Nomad and Core assault.
That said, the risk of our wrecks being 'up for grabs' by anyone that tries to slip by our patrols is not one
we are willing to allow.

Any sensitive wrecks, bodies or dogtags recovered belonging to the Order would, of course, have to be returned
to us so we can provide them with their proper rites. Regarding the Core wrecks, you are free to take them apart and bolster
your station with the remains if you are so inclined.

I cannot stress this enough. You are operating in a mass graveyard, our dead and their sacrifice are to be respected above all.

Regarding your proposition regarding transporting scrap.
Our logistical fleets are mostly occupied with other projects at the moment, however if you are interested
I am willing to propose relief efforts for your men to my fellow members in the Overwatch.
Food, water, clothes, oxygen. In return we would want to install and maintain Nomad Detection technology on the station.
Should the Core or Nomads attack you while we are there, we will of course assist you to repel them, assuming your men can
return the favor.

Let me know if you are interested in pursuing these potential arrangements and I will discuss the matter internally.

Agent Solandros,
Signing out.

Agent Solandros,

I understand your concerns regarding Voltaic Junkers salvaging the Graveyard, but you must understand we are here to help in removing this depressing sight. Do you really think that those souls that died in the Battle of Toledo would want to be a memorial of what human ignorance is? The sight of it can only do harm in Order's morale - unless you people are inspired by your own brothers and sisters lost forever in space. The way I see it, Nomads are constantly increasing their numbers, and stray resources that are imperative to counterattacking these beasts are scarce within the Omicrons. The ships of those who have fallen must not be left to rust near Toledo but restored to fight another day. The Voltaic Junkers fiercely guard this Graveyard to make sure no one takes this salvage without asking anything in return and all we ask in return - all I ask in return - is permission to recycle and hand back The Order the bodies and ships of those who sacrificed themselves. The Voltaics don't ditch close neighbors - and especially metallic graves - for their own profit, not this time.

Moving onto a less depressing subject. Outfitting Tarancon with technology to spot Nomad Infectees would be something I can not deny. Tarancon is the closest base to the Nomad Jump Gate, so of course, such technology is a blessing. Regarding your offer to guard Tarancon...yes. I can work on that with one little thing. Because of Tarancon's unstable integrity, Voltaic Junkers cannot start active hostilities with The Core or any underworld organization. Much like a Zoner Freeport - but worse - we are caught between the hammer and the anvil. We can nonetheless assist against any Infected or Nomad attackers, however. Additionally, any resources, be them food, water, oxygen or simple goods, tools and such are welcomed - let alone active assistance in restoring Tarancon completely.

I will be waiting for your reply, Agent.

[Image: HmHbKEg.png]

P. Becker : [Comm-ID]
The Order ~
Kyle Vaughn : [Receiver-ID]
Voltaic Junkers ~

Tarancon Station : [Subject]

Herr Vaughn,

Patricia Becker, Legacy of Orillion. I believe we've spoken before on other matters. However, from the Legacy's position, I will provide a response on our behalf.

While I do not see eye to eye with the Overwatch on some issues, I must echo Agent Solandros' points regarding the Core, your station, and the Toledo Graveyard.
In regards to the Core, their unwarranted aggression is not new. While the Legacy has worked in the past to focus plainly on the Nomadic threat and avoid human casualties, the Core have since proven to us, beyond the carefully allotted doubts, that they have no interest in removing the Nomads as a threat to our race. If they are openly assaulting your people in an effort to likely fuel their growing terror machine, then it speaks volumes of their goals and motives. Tarancon's position within Minor is likely seen as an incursion on their territory, one that like with us they may choose to fuel into all out war.

This brings me to Tarancon. Your people's station within Omicron Minor, as I've noted to the Congress who notified us of the transfer of administration, is something of an oddity, but one the Legacy can openly accept as long as mutual respect is maintained. As the Core and the Nomads may see fit to push the station, I wish to couple Agent Solandros' offer of detection hardware being installed aboard to act as an early warning system. Your station is in a precarious position, but an opportunistic one as well, and as such the Order is readily willing to lend aid against both scourges.

However, this brings me to Toledo.
As with most Order personnel in general, Toledo is indeed seen as a war grave. While I'll keep it short, that we have no qualms with your people scrapping the Core ships for your own use, I must adamantly insist that any Order vessels be returned to us for the proper funerals and scrubbings. In addition, the wreck of the Battleship Isis, which sits in close orbit of the planet, is absolutely untouchable. While we are still formulating a decision on what to do, if at all, with the wreck of the Isis, I implore you to keep away from any attempts at salvaging the ship. So long as those conditions are kept in mind and abided by, then the Legacy will not disapprove of the Voltaics operations within the graveyard.

The Legacy will monitor activity within Minor in the meantime, and especially around Tarancon. Operations against the Core will very likely be coordinated in the near future, and any developments regarding Tarancon's defensive measures against the Core and the Nomads in the meantime I would ask be directed towards the Order, as we have no intention of letting Tarancon fall.

That is all.

[Image: MzxHA15.png]

Miss Becker,

It is good to see you answer this transmission.

Thank you for your interest in keeping Tarancon alive. It is true that this Station's position is not the best - and is indeed an oddity, per say how is it still standing - but this is for a later debate.

About the Toledo Graveyard...sure I made myself misunderstood or perhaps failed to mention: Voltaic Junkers have no interest in salvaging Order wrecks. The Graveyard is indeed a sacred burial ground that really shouldn't be tampered with, and as such any wrecks and Order remains will be delivered to Battleship Thebes or Taba Station. About Battleship Isis...yeah, no. This "Osiris" Capital Ship is by no means recoverable in my opinion. Bless the lost souls of those who manned it - as they saved probably hundreds of innocents. The cost, however, was their own lives and the Isis itself. Judging by its external plating, very small amounts of valuable salvage can be extracted; even then it would take months before doing any progress. As such, your honorable Battleship is doomed to represent what Order endures in an endless fight for mankind. Naturally, the Voltaics won't touch such a massive "monument" because of its proximity to the Graveyard hot zone - where Nomads swarm both the Planet's atmosphere (or whats left of it).

Clearing up the fact that Battleship Isis won't be salvaged due to various reasons, I'd like to move on to destroyed Resephs and Nephtys fighters. While I agree with the fact that they must be returned - which will also happen for sure - I would like to mention that nothing comes for free. However, fundings are required as those Junkers who represent the Voltaics can't risk their lives for charity and Omicron Minor is the worst place to salvage ships in. Perhaps if there was a monetary compensation for the mass amounts of ships we are about to send over to you, if you get my game. There are people to feed and maintain, you see.

About defenses around Tarancon...well. I was contacted by a Guildkeeper directly apologizing for Core's actions - which I do not trust at all - but I have no choice but to act as neutral as possible. The Voltaics can not take on The Core at all, but we could however use a few Cruisers or Battlecruisers around Tarancon - manned by the Junkers and no one else - to ensure the Base's neutrality. Perhaps one "Geb" would do great as both a reinforcement for Tarancon and a mobile station to assist active anti-nomad operations and secure areas where we deem right to commence salvage operations for The Order. This must be a very demanding offer, but unless The Order offers guards 24/7 (because we do work tirelessly), there is no other way around it. We've assisted you countless times - including the raid in the Nomad Worlds - and I believe we can further help with better weaponry.

It is up to you to decide, however. I will be waiting for your reply.

Miss Becker & Agent Solandros,

I will use this specific neural net link for one more touchy subject, but I will spare you the details.

One of my Voltaic Junkers brought a concerning situation within Omicron Delta. "Toccata Industries" was apparently caught hauling Nomad Remains, and after a talk with them they simply deny this statement. However, an Order agent was also mentioned - Agent that seems to have confiscated part of these cursed goods. Does the Overwatch or The Legacy of Orillion know anything about this? The Voltaic Junkers cannot afford having neighbours marketting these trinkets as they could at some point end up aboard Tarancon.

Below you may see Toccata's own statement if what they were doing before an ultimatum was landed against their intentions with Nomad materials.

[Image: HAcCDJ4.png?1]
WEDJAT SHADOW NETWORK
Tarancon Station
CONNECTION

ESTABLISHED
ENCRYPTION

CLASSIFIED

SOL|13379001|

[Image: P9iHz95.jpg]
Agent Solandros

Encrypted Wedjat Shadow Network Transmission

● RECIPIENTS:
● SENDER:
● LOCATION:
● PRIORITY:
● SUBJECT:
Voltaic Junkers
Agent Solandros
SCRAMBLED
█ █ █ █ █
Tarancon Station

Hail Kyle Vaughn.

I will respond to your previous communication first in order to keep things clearly structured.
It is reassuring to hear the Voltaic Junkers will respect and return any Order wrecks and remains they might
find in the Toledo graveyard. As for compensation for the efforts, I imagine we will be able to work something
out once we have more concrete data, such as how many can realistically be returned over a certain time period,
what class of vessel wrecks, and such things would all be of influence.

While the Overwatch will respect your forced neutrality with the Core, I will give you a warning about them
once more if only to emphasize my earlier words: The Core cannot be trusted. Please keep this in mind when
dealing with them and, hopefully, whatever schemes they'll try to pull on you will not come as a surprise.

As for the protection of Taracon base. Rest assured Order patrols are never far away from Toledo.
Should Taracon base be assaulted the Order will be present swiftly.
While I can understand your desire to protect yourselves, I'm afraid the Order providing you with capital
vessels is not an option you should consider. As you yourself mentioned you want to stay neutral with the
Core. I can assure you that sporting our technology, war ships no less, will definitely jeopardise that.
Perhaps it would be an idea to contact Velvet and see if you can commission some of their warships.

Now, moving on to your latest communication.

Your findings are disturbing but confirm our suspicions about these new Zoners in the region.
We are aware they are transporting Azurite Gas dispite our warnings, they even told us so directly.
One of our own also inspected their installations after being invited to do so, though data obtained is still being carefully combed through.
To hear you found them handling Nomad Remains directly is beyond disturbing.

We will take appropriate action and closely monitor them. I ask that you send any proof you might
obtain from potential future sightings to both us and the Legacy.

Agent Solandros,
Signing out.

It is good to hear that the Order is finally up to let Voltaics clean Toledo and give those who fell a proper burial - and not a rusty tomb in space. Naturally, we will bring you the wrecks as promised - you will do the proper burials. Nonetheless, let us move on into business now.

The Voltaic Junkers - and I personally - noticed several Reseph wrecks in space. Salvaging crews counted around 60,000 units of salvageable Scrap Metal. We will bring you the entire Reseph, however. For this to happen we need to investigate if the engines are working or can be temporarily repaired to ease our work. Using Salvagers to tow such a massive Cruiser is challenging in Omicron Minor, as you can see. Keep giving my people cover while boarding the Reseph and assess the situation properly, and an answer should come pretty soon. If we find any bodies we'll deliver them aboard a ship specifically designed to handle corpses in a respectable way, namely the Berserker. It has enough cargo space and has strong enough armor to deter anyone from trying something funny.

As for the Capital Ship...you are right. However, The Order is the only source we can possibly ask for help as of now. Velvet can't hold on its own feet by the looks of it and we even had an incident with them - very unpleasing one that has been left under the rug to some extent for supplies. I won't ask Zoners for their warships, and Core is out of the question. Should this "Imperium Omicronis" - Core - try to interfere with defending Tarancon by any means necessary then I have no problem with extorting them. Let us side the Capital Ship subject aside, however. In the future, we might find ways of concealing any sort of cooperation. As example. a salvaged Geb is more believable than a brand new one - and rust helps the facade too.

Moving on about...Toccata. You confirmed my deepest fears and provided me with the information I needed. These fools dared to lie the Voltaic Junkers and will pay dearly for it. My people were eager to blast these traders ever since we got news of their intentions, and now I'll let them go wild on it. While morality stops me from allowing outright murder, taxes will be inflicted upon them until they stop all Azurite and Nomad Remains to trade for good. I won't let anyone trade these dangerous materials especially when they base off lying. Shortly put: we'll demand any Nomad materials or tax painfully every Toccata identified the vessel. Nephilims included. They don't have infinite funds - I'll make sure of it.

However, if you inspected carefully the answer I got from the Toccata CEO, you will see that he openly admitted that his organization held Alive Nomad Prisoners until I landed an Ultimatum transmission against such operations. Whether they actually did terminate all Nomads or not, I sadly cannot believe a single word. Even if they trully kept their word this time there are high chances that if they imprisoned dangerous Nomads once, they will do it again.

I have a family of 550 on Tarancon and another few thousand working across Sirius, Agent. I cannot take such risks and harsh actions must be inflicted at anyone having objectives that could endanger innocents directly.

[Image: HmHbKEg.png]

P. Becker : [Comm-ID]
The Order ~
Kyle Vaughn : [Receiver-ID]
Voltaic Junkers ~

Tarancon Station : [Subject]

Herr Vaughn,

To respond sequentially, I will simply reflect the Overwatch's response in the light of the Legacy regarding Junker hands commanding Order warships. While scrapped ones may be acceptable under certain conditions, we are not in a position to donate warships to the Junkers for the defense of Tarancon. Our support on this matter should be more than enough to deter any Nomad or Core incursions. Two Order cells coordinating with your administration has quite a lot of potential, I'd say.

However, to more pressing issues.
I've already notified my command staff about these Toccata, which we've been monitoring on light for the last few weeks. OMDEF will be coordinating regular patrols near their stations and operatives will be directed to investigate any leads or sources that may come up. In addition, we will take action to locate any evidence of these 'live Nomads' aboard their stations.
This is certainly a troubling situation that has arisen, and a shame that these Zoners have forsaken humanity for the almighty credit. A tale only reflected by those who plunder Nauru.

Keep us abreast of any new developments, mein Herr. OMDEF will be coordinating measures to ensure that Tarancon is kept afloat and in one piece.

That is all.

[Image: MzxHA15.png]
[/quote]

I have news for you. Apparently the Voltaic Junkers are considered traitors to humanity because we opened fire on a MND Triptiz which carried Nomad Remains. Who called us so? Toccata Industries. Our name is apparently associated with the Vagrants. Have a good laugh - or be concerned. The fact that we as a family receive such accusations from civilians is questionable. Especially when such accusations come in the exact moment we engage a danger such as a Triptiz that carries Nomad materials. Also, that Triptiz is now dead and the Nomad materials are destroyed.

Moving on to a more serious subject. Two Order cells should be enough, I suspose. I'll make do with other connections around Sirius to obtain something...else to defend Tarancon. We can't let you do all the defending - it would be impolite. For the time being, however, Salvagers have been deployed to a first High-Value-Target: A wrecked Reseph. I will keep you tuned on how do they progress.

Pages: 1 2