Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gunboat Annihilator to 195k (390k) power cost.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why make a weapon that sees almost zero use also limited to a small number of ships of one specific class due to its 520k power cost? 12 out of 44 gunboats can use it, one is restricted to a faction (scorpion), the other is a nomad gunboat which human tech is always funny with nomad stuff, so realistically, 10 out of 42 gunboats.

For reference, the annihilator uses 260k power but fires two projectiles, meaning it requires 520k in reality, which only heavy gunboats can field, and it's only fireable every 25 seconds anyway.
(12-04-2019, 07:15 PM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]Why make a weapon that sees almost zero use also limited to a small number of ships of one specific class due to its 520k power cost? 12 out of 44 gunboats can use it, one is restricted to a faction (scorpion), the other is a nomad gunboat which human tech is always funny with nomad stuff, so realistically, 10 out of 44 gunboats.

For reference, the annihilator uses 260k power but fires two projectiles, meaning it requires 520k in reality, which only heavy gunboats can field, and it's only fireable every 25 seconds anyway.

It would be not reasonable I think to have 390k powercost requirement for a powerful gun.
600k cored vessels have big sizes and slower turn rates, which make big gunboats reasonable targets for bigger ships/or bombers/snubs or whatever.
making powerful gun for ultra small gunboat feels OP.
(12-04-2019, 07:27 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]It would be not reasonable I think to have 390k powercost requirement for a powerful gun.
600k cored vessels have big sizes and slower turn rates, which make big gunboats reasonable targets for bigger ships/or bombers/snubs or whatever.

It's a torpedo with the slowest tracking speeds in the game (.11), even slower than the nightmare torpedo (.13) that is defeated by a countermeasure or any sort of maneuvering.

If it was so overpowered, you'd actually see it being used. It's a niche weapon at best, and a niche weapon restricted to less than a quarter of all gunboats
I'd welcome the change, if a missile weapon requires you to use ram tactics, chances are it sucks.
(12-04-2019, 07:30 PM)Saronsen Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2019, 07:27 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]It would be not reasonable I think to have 390k powercost requirement for a powerful gun.

It's a torpedo with the slowest tracking speeds in the game (.11), even slower than the nightmare torpedo (.13) that is defeated by a countermeasure or any sort of maneuvering.

If it was so overpowered, you'd actually see it being used. It's a niche weapon at best, and a niche weapon restricted to less than a quarter of all gunboats

good enough logic.
obligatory bump
torpedo me daddy
#FixTrinity
p sure i modified the right bit of the weapon_equip

Code:
[Gun]
nickname = dsy_annihilator_torpedo
ids_name = 520191
ids_info = 520192
DA_archetype = equipment\models\turret\dualtorpedo.cmp
material_library = equipment\models\dualtorpedo.mat