Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Usability Feature: (Forum/Subforum/Thread) Links List Thingy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This...

[Image: f01.png]

...is very useful. It would be even more if it was to be mirrored at the bottom of the page like this (either positions 1 or 2 work fine)...

[Image: f02.png]

Sometimes you reach the bottom of the page and you don't want to continue on the same thread (flip pages), you just want to go back one, two levels and move to the next one, read stuff in the same subforum or something similar. Having the links to the levels visited handy (namely at the bottom), preventing the user from CTRL+HOME(ing), or (for those who didn't know that shortcut) scrolling all the way back to the top to reach those links would make reading the forums a lot more comfortable. Specially when you've navigated numerous pages in a thread and just want to go back to the parent (cumbersome to do using just the browser's "back" button).

If you think this to be a nitpicking request, consider that if usability wasn't an important aspect of systems development, you wouldn't even have a mouse today.
[Image: captainfalcon-yes.gif]

I agree
Why not, would not hurt, and would help in situations.
At the bottom of the page, of every page, there is a button on the right side that says "up"....click it;)Also if admins decide to do this, i can give the edit to do it.....really simple edit.
Hey, there's an up button?
In other words, putting that thingy at the bottom of the page is a good idea
' Wrote:At the bottom of the page, of every page, there is a button on the right side that says "up"....click it;)Also if admins decide to do this, i can give the edit to do it.....really simple edit.
I know that. Still, I'd rather click once than twice.
' Wrote:I know that. Still, I'd rather click once than twice.

Im right with ya there. Admins, if you approve of this topic, PM me and I will send the directions on doing this to you
Unseelie agrees. Yes.

Also, while I'm on the topic, the new stuff on the very top bar gave me warm and glowy feelings for a bit.
I have idea for better feature... small green/yellow/red dot somewhere around informing about server population status

green - no problems with loging
yellow - server full from 95%, some problems can be expected, maybe few clicks
red - no chance dude

[Image: approved.png]

I like the idea very much.
Pages: 1 2