Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Poll] RCR Fee Reduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since the 1 billion fee for Roleplay Canonization Requests was considered to be too high, we have been considering options to reduce it. That's why we are asking you the community to choose which of these two options you would prefer for a reduced cost: 500 million refundable on Success, or 250 million non-refundable. Note that we do not plan to reduce the entry fee below 250 million or make it free, as that would be lower than the current entry fee to SRP an individual ship.
Refundable on success, or refundable in any circumstance?

Edit: There you go.
I'd make 1 billion refundable or 500m no-refundable but this is just my opinion
Not going to vote as I never intend to use this feature. A reminder that it would be polite if we who don't intend to ever use it didn't vote so we don't spoil the results for those who do intend to use it.
Is it something that Bretonians can Canonise Olympia stuff just because it is Devtonia and nothing can stop em ?
(12-19-2019, 08:47 PM)Couden Wrote: [ -> ]Is it something that Bretonians can Canonise Olympia stuff just because it is Devtonia and nothing can stop em ?

To be very clear on this situation, Bretonia had zero input on Olympia. gave up his SRP and told us we could do as we pleased with it, so we used it as an ace in the hole in the Aland situation.

What this would mean is that if the Bretonians wanted to do something with a Bretonia (or unclaimed, ie; derelict, natural object) asset, they could file an RCR and the development team would either approve or deny the request based on the criteria provided in the RCR post.
250 Million but refundable. You are really only monetizing an already existing feature.
I voted 250 non refundable because I think that will make it less frustrating to fail and lead to less accusations of bias.

But I think the price isn't the most important issue in this. The most important thing is that you make these requests transparent by making them visible to the community, and for about a week give the community the chance to comment on them before and not after they are submitted, not with the goal of seeking the community's approval or disapproval, but with the goal of pointing out possible problems and suggesting improvements, which both the supplicants and developers can totally ignore if they wish.

This will:
- Enhance general understanding of the process before filing a request
- Reduce accusations of bias and suspicions of foul play behind closed doors
- Raise the quality of the submitted requests
- Reduce developer workload

It was mentioned in the RCR thread that "it is a good idea to ask developers before making a request". What channel one is to use should be specified, and the answer of "yes thats theoretically possible" or "no it isn't" should also be a matter of public record for similar reasons as the above.
Small reminder that you can at any time inquire about the general status about your requests with a moderator. They will not tell you how individual people voted, but the numbers of votes and general tendency of the overall votes is something you may know about.
Why does it need a cost? I've yet to see strong reasons that justify making something that used to be free cost money.

What are the reasons to justify it not being refundable at 250mil?

All in all it seems like random arbitary numbers have been thrown out with suspiciously little explanation or reasoning as to why.
Pages: 1 2 3