Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Restart Overhaul Diary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Next project on my agenda.

Issues:

1. Outdated maps. (hard to correct)
2. Negative reputations preventing talking with NPCs. (easy to correct)
3. Reputations don't match current political climate. (easy to correct)
Decided to work by region, as it is easier to adjust starting reps.

Since I see no reason behind starting with a bit negative reputations, I am removing those. Same with positive reps, as it lower the rep gains from bribes.

So in my overhaul, there will be these categories:

-0.9Hostile
-0.6Nodock
0.0 Neutral
+1.0IFF

While working on this after the patch, I noticed how few more IFFs have been made obsolete (bases removed) so I put them with other removed IFFs.
IIRC -0.6 is hostile, not nodock.
Dirty quick and easy Restart Overhaul Version 1:

234 matches for:
Code:
house = -0.4,
into
Code:
house = 0,

999 matches for:
Code:
house = -0.3,
into
Code:
house = 0,

Reason:
-0.4 and -0.3 reputations allows docking but does not allow talking to NPCs to take bribes, read rumors or take missions. They serve as inconvenience for setting up new ships. IDs will take care of nodock or hostile reputations based on chosen role.
I beg you, please make Freelancers finally neutral to all factions, except for the nomads, wild, and the most radical terrorist groups.
(06-09-2020, 06:09 PM)Save My Soul Wrote: [ -> ]I beg you, please make Freelancers finally neutral to all factions, except for the nomads, wild, and the most radical terrorist groups.

All negative reputations have been removed from restarts and only IDs have rephacks. Freelancer ID only has these rephacks now.
(06-09-2020, 06:09 PM)Save My Soul Wrote: [ -> ]I beg you, please make Freelancers finally neutral to all factions, except for the nomads, wild, and the most radical terrorist groups.

The paradise is already reached. It was already done.
Just a reminder that if people notice something odd (sadly don't know how to change maps yet), let me know and I will see to quick edit of such restart.
Pages: 1 2