Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A newcomers perspective.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just started playing disco and eventually ended up streaming it.
Each of my character has their own series on YouTube, but at the moment I only have a trader and a Bounty Hunter.

Fee free to either laugh at how green I am at the moment or give me helpful tips.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...FyBTH03MiR

I will live stream disco again after the holidays, so if you are interested in that sort of thing - subscribe and you will get updated on upcoming streams.
First of all, welcome to discovery. Always good to see faces new and old.

Second, the game has a reasonable level of complexity to it, and I would recommend picking up a faction discord to meet more people offline, who more often than not will help you out in or outside the game. Discord is the go to tool, some servers are more active than others so shop around if you get ignored.

Also if you stream, getting on a discord that does alerts for logging is a good way to capture some combat.
Thank you so much for the tip! I have applied and gotten accepted to one faction, so will definitely look into it after the holidays.
Watching these episodes feels so nostalgic and I wish I could feel all the hype around exploring new sectors, trading routes etc again :'(
There are bounty boards where you can get money for killing certain targets. Good place for a BHG funboat.
(12-23-2019, 12:55 PM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]Watching these episodes feels so nostalgic and I wish I could feel all the hype around exploring new sectors, trading routes etc again :'(

Yeah. The curse of gaming is that you only get to that experience once with each game.

Haha but hey! Feel free to join me on some adventures. I will try to share the hype xD
(12-23-2019, 01:00 PM)Maltz Wrote: [ -> ]There are bounty boards where you can get money for killing certain targets. Good place for a BHG funboat.

Thank you! I will definitely check that out when I become more practiced at fighting ?
If you need a mate to train with, I’d be happy to work with you. Welcome to the moshpit that is Discovery. If you need help with anything, please do not hesitate to reach out to us either ingame or on Discord/Forums.
Thank you so much! I am amazed at how friendly and helpful all of you guys are!

I will take you on your offer when I get better at some point I think.