Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Light Fighter: "Arrow" Model Overhaul
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good day,

Some of you all wanted the Maurader new mesh to become an Arrow. Sadly, it cannot since of its bulk. However, I decided to take the mesh and gave it a new look.

Hope you all like it.
Texturing In Progress
https://p3d.in/467Sa
Racers all across SIrius are going to approve this.
It's adorbs.
I approve, if it means fixing the cockpit.
(12-23-2019, 07:00 PM)Ironblood Wrote: [ -> ]Racers all across SIrius are going to approve this.

They are.
The only thing that really bugs me is the external cables. I really, really hate these as there is no excuse for ships to have external cables. Populated space is filled and swarmed with microdebris that constantly collides with shields and armor. Having loose cables (which also are static because Freelancer has no physics engine to simulate loose parts) that are pretty much not covered when moving forward (and strafing) is the last thing you'd want to do with these things being absolute weakpoints in the design. They also do not add much in terms of aesthetics unless you really want steampunk-ish ships in a science fiction setting.

Otherwise the model might be an improvement, although I don't see a need to replace the current arrow. Rather more skin variations as those are literally racing ships.
(12-23-2019, 10:30 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing that really bugs me is the external cables. I really, really hate these as there is no excuse for ships to have external cables. Populated space is filled and swarmed with microdebris that constantly collides with shields and armor. Having loose cables (which also are static because Freelancer has no physics engine to simulate loose parts) that are pretty much not covered when moving forward (and strafing) is the last thing you'd want to do with these things being absolute weakpoints in the design. They also do not add much in terms of aesthetics unless you really want steampunk-ish ships in a science fiction setting.

Otherwise the model might be an improvement, although I don't see a need to replace the current arrow. Rather more skin variations as those are literally racing ships.

Cables? More like metal tubes to inject more space-speed-weed-fuel. The arrow is a tiny flying coffin, I doubt safety regulations were top priority, and all that jazz.

I personally don't mind those being there. Cool ship.
I think this looks really great, with the new one seeming to have the engine much closer to the cockpit and having wiring going up into the frame right below the gun mounts, explains a lot more how it's weaponry is operating rather than just "oh it's just hanging on without a power source" and in general just looks more like a racing ship, the sleek design with extra fins on the cockpit really gives it that nice aesthetic appeal for racing. Great job.
Without a doubt better than the original. My only suggestion would be to give the engine shaft underneath some kind of cover, it doesn't have to be armored up like the top of the ship, it just seems overly suicidal that you'd leave your source of propulsion exposed. Might make for some sick F1-style crash montages though.
ALOT BETTER
Pages: 1 2