Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Fly Away - A Discovery Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, it's been a while since I made a decent video. My last video was a bit crap and was just complete aids so in hopes that this is a bit better I present to you Fly Away. I've been working on this for a little while so I hope you all enjoy it. My goal with this video was to showcase Discovery at its best. Beautiful systems, large scale fights, all the good bits.

Some of you might not think the song I have chosen fits with Discovery but I have chosen it for a few reasons. First of all I like The FatRat. Second of all the song has some really good beats. I love the build ups and the drops, which gives me some nice opportunities to work with the videos I have collected and song. Finally, I think the lyrics in the chorus are pretty powerful.

Just a quick note. There are some clips in this video that are of lower quality. These have been taken directly from Twitch or YouTube so there's not a great deal I can do about it.

Anyway, I need to stop talking. Enjoy!

Credits to both and for providing me with some footage.

This one is really nice 60fps video. Kudos for it.
The music doesn't fit.
(12-31-2019, 12:24 AM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]So, it's been a while since I made a decent video. My last video was a bit crap and was just complete aids so in hopes that this is a bit better I present to you Fly Away. I've been working on this for a little while so I hope you all enjoy it. My goal with this video was to showcase Discovery at its best. Beautiful systems, large scale fights, all the good bits.

Some of you might not think the song I have chosen fits with Discovery but I have chosen it for a few reasons. First of all I like The FatRat. Second of all the song has some really good beats. I love the build ups and the drops, which gives me some nice opportunities to work with the videos I have collected and song. Finally, I think the lyrics in the chorus are pretty powerful.

Just a quick note. There are some clips in this video that are of lower quality. These have been taken directly from Twitch or YouTube so there's not a great deal I can do about it.

Anyway, I need to stop talking. Enjoy!

Credits to both and for providing me with some footage.

you should try to increase the bitrate of your recording, it seems a bit low, so it turns out grainy
(12-31-2019, 12:49 AM)Prysin Wrote: [ -> ]you should try to increase the bitrate of your recording, it seems a bit low, so it turns out grainy

Afaik my bitrate is fine. It's at 50Mbps recording at 2k quality 60FPS. When it's being rendered it does drop it down to 26Mbps at 1080p, but still at 60FPS, which I think is causing some of the issues. I am also using Nvidia's Shadowplay as I've been having issues getting something like OBS recordings working with Sony Vegas. I know Shadowplay isn't the best at recording things either. Also bare in mind, as I said in the OP, some of the videos have been taken directly from YouTube/Twitch so the quality is naturally going to go down and there's not too much I can do about that.
Nice video. Not a big fan of the music but it didn't bother me either. Lot of nice gameplay though.

Make more videos.