Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Tell us about your first days of playing Disco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I joined in late .83, so I mostly remember .84. Those were the days of name change certificates, I think. Anyway, I made my first 12 million credits by intentionally imitating a high level player's ship name. My poor understanding of the game (what is RP?) embarassed the poor (or rich) guy enough that he begged me to change my ship name. I offered to do so... for a payment to another char of mine. I travelled from Liberty to Kusari to get paid by in game trade interface as there were no commands to transfer credits.

So, what's your story?
if I remember correctly, it was 4.85. Times were hard, the npc factions had a lot of GBs and their snubs equipped with CDs, hard to flee, forced to fight constantly. It makes a good pilot ( which I'm not Wink ) It took me a long time to get a transport!
On my first day here little 15 year old me thought it would be absolutely hilarious to spam Pennsylvania system chat with Metallica song lyrics. Agmen didn't find it that funny and kicked me. Hoodlum also threatened to ban me a few days later because I made a Xeno and was flying around piratting stuff with an Outcast. Good times.
I bought a Hel and no RP killed every transport passing through NB so my brother can scoop the loot and sell it at Vogtland no matter the price so he could buy his own Hel and do the same. I was then told to rename the ship (over the forums which at the time I didn't even know existed). This was in 2014
Zoners.
i mercifully can't remember
Found the mod in the days of the Liberty-Rheinland war but wasn't able to communicate in fluent english, so I mostly played in Singleplayer. In 2014 I gave multiplayer a try, figuring I could maintain very simple english. Back then I roamed around as Renzu Liner pilot and saw that people were making accounts named after their characters so I did that, too. Later in 2016 I picked the game up again and roamed around in Omicron Delta on a Mako, tried a very simple RP as indie and then slowly got involved into a three-year-railroad of consecutive Discovery thanks to Foxglove, Cael and MasterL.
Hm. I picked up multiplayer in late 2014. I wasn't used to RP environments, at least not as RP focused as Disco was at this time.
I remember one of my first chars being an indie pirate, a Waran. I actually had lots of fun finding out about stuff during piracy and trying to refine my piracy. I also remember that I stumbled upon an open to all pob, somewhere far off plane.. it had a cau6 I think. It had after I saw it, rather.
Indie times of trying out stuff didn't last too long, then I was stuck with CR as indie. I simply liked it being a niche thing I have my peace with. (I sucked at pvp like hell, so I preferred to stay off radar). Though I got to like the Thanatos and ended up doing some patrols and stuff.

It wasn't even long until then that I created Sanae, going for an odd idea of GC affiliate roaming around to convince people to aid the cause. Stumbled upon Nyx, got involved with Core and Order and then things developed rapidly (Core guys convinced me to try forums back then xd). Heck, I remember getting both Golanski and Nodtviet to listen to Sanae once! Gah, good old Delta times.
Some more months passed before I suddenly ended up as 1ic, then suddenly with 3 OFs just a year later.
I was a miner that helped supply a pob for a time.

Boy have things changed.
4.87, a friend of mine in STO introduced me to this mod. I've stuck here back then, but didn't knew enough/didn't had the courage to forum RP, so instead I've just flew around smuggling pretty much everything I could. Eventually, I gave up for a while, and returned about a month before I've made this account, and my (lately only mostly) main character
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6